The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Has anyone got an Interview for Psychology in Goldsmiths for 2017?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey Kelly, I have an interview for the Forensic Psychology Master at Goldsmiths on Tuesday. Do you have any tips? What questions did they ask? :smile: I am super nervous...
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 21
Original post by piap
Hey Kelly, I have an interview for the Forensic Psychology Master at Goldsmiths on Tuesday. Do you have any tips? What questions did they ask? :smile: I am super nervous...

Hello! That's exciting! Is it a phone, skype, or in person interview? I had a phone interview with two teachers from the department. They asked questions about research projects you have been a part of, why you chose Goldsmiths (mention a specific module that you're interested in. I did that and they seemed to like how I took the time out to research the university). Also, look at the research interests of professors. Mention how interested you are in learning more about those subjects. They'll also ask if you have any experience in the criminal justice field. Don't be nervous! They were so nice! Basically, just show how excited you are about the subject. Let me know if you have any other questions! I got my offer within a week from my interview :smile: Hopefully I'll see you this fall!
Reply 22
Original post by Kellyv
Hello! That's exciting! Is it a phone, skype, or in person interview? I had a phone interview with two teachers from the department. They asked questions about research projects you have been a part of, why you chose Goldsmiths (mention a specific module that you're interested in. I did that and they seemed to like how I took the time out to research the university). Also, look at the research interests of professors. Mention how interested you are in learning more about those subjects. They'll also ask if you have any experience in the criminal justice field. Don't be nervous! They were so nice! Basically, just show how excited you are about the subject. Let me know if you have any other questions! I got my offer within a week from my interview :smile: Hopefully I'll see you this fall!

Hi! Thanks so much for your quick reply. Yeah I also have a phone interview :smile: Did they ask about more than the research proposal or did you just present an old research you did?
Ok that sounds good. Ive already researched a bit about the professors and their research interests :smile:
Thanks again! Hope to see you in fall :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by piap
Hi! Thanks so much for your quick reply. Yeah I also have a phone interview :smile: Did they ask about more than the research proposal or did you just present an old research you did?
Ok that sounds good. Ive already researched a bit about the professors and their research interests :smile:
Thanks again! Hope to see you in fall :smile:

Are you an international student too? They asked about old research you did as well as topics you'd be interested in researching in! Let me know how the interview goes!
Reply 24
Original post by Kellyv
Are you an international student too? They asked about old research you did as well as topics you'd be interested in researching in! Let me know how the interview goes!

Yes, Im from Germany.
Ok good then. Do they ask a lot about the statistical analysis?
I will :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by piap
Yes, Im from Germany.
Ok good then. Do they ask a lot about the statistical analysis?
I will :smile:

Cool! I'm an international student from the USA. They didn't really ask about that but I told them I have experience in it. Have you taken statistics?
Reply 26
Original post by Kellyv
Cool! I'm an international student from the USA. They didn't really ask about that but I told them I have experience in it. Have you taken statistics?

Cool! Yes I have, but I am not really good at it. So just wanted to know if they ask in detail how you analyzed the research you did or are interested in doing? :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by piap
Cool! Yes I have, but I am not really good at it. So just wanted to know if they ask in detail how you analyzed the research you did or are interested in doing? :smile:

They just asked what you did for the research. Like how many participants you had, what you were looking to confirm in the study, and the results. I just said we used SPSS to yield results! Is your interview early in the morning tomorrow?
Reply 28
Original post by Kellyv
They just asked what you did for the research. Like how many participants you had, what you were looking to confirm in the study, and the results. I just said we used SPSS to yield results! Is your interview early in the morning tomorrow?

Ok good, then I don't have to stress to much bout it, I guess :smile:
Its at 12.20 London time :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by piap

Awesome! Good luck! I wonder how many people they're accepting into the program...
Reply 30
Original post by piap

How did the interview go? Did you get in?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending