Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...their Geog PS ideas? I'm having trouble getting started.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, did my PM not help? Don't worry, i'm not suprised as mine is quite crap! Have you PM-d Geogger? She really is helpful y'know!

ReputationRep:
    Hey. You can't really expect people to put the PSs up here, but just start off with why you want to study geog, things you've read, extra-cirriculars, work exp etc etc. I'm sure Sian's said all this before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Hey. You can't really expect people to put the PSs up here, but just start off with why you want to study geog, things you've read, extra-cirriculars, work exp etc etc. I'm sure Sian's said all this before!

I just pasted mine into the box on UCAS apply online thing and it says "Statement is 1 line(s) over limit, based on the preview" :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)

I just pasted mine into the box on UCAS apply online thing and it says "Statement is 1 line(s) over limit, based on the preview" :eek:
    Ooo really? Any ideas how I can check mine? I'm not registered with UCAS apply though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    ...their Geog PS ideas? I'm having trouble getting started.
    There are quite a few websites where you can view Personal Statements from each subject, and it's quite useful if you want to know what a "good" PS looks like.

I'd also be very surprised if those about to apply to university put up their Personal statement, as people could copy or take advantage of excellent quotes and ideas etc.

Don't let people copy your PS people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I'll be keeping mine under wraps til the UCAS deadline! Apart from those 2 people tht have checked it for me!

ReputationRep:
    Ooo really? Any ideas how I can check mine? I'm not registered with UCAS apply though.
    I'm not sure. Are you using the paper form or EAS then? I now have 0 lines available but it fits (just cut out some waffle)

(Original post by Invisible)
    Don't worry, i won't.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be keeping mine under wraps til the UCAS deadline! Apart from those 2 people tht have checked it for me!
    Ooh i didn't know you'd written yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I'm not sure. Are you using the paper form or EAS then? I now have 0 lines available but it fits (just cut out some waffle)
    The electronic EAS thingy, yeah Heh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Ooh i didn't know you'd written yours.
    Yep Finished it yest.

ReputationRep:
    Yep Finished it yest.
    Cool, so are you 100% geog now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Cool, so are you 100% geog now??
    ...for now

ReputationRep:
    How much has your PS changed since I, er, critiqued it SianY? (http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=36272) Being a nosy so-and-so, I'd be interested to know .

The first and last sentences are always the hardest aspect of PS writing Aimee123 (sorry, I've forgotten your real name) so I'd suggest writing the middle bits first. Also don't worry too much - having read at least half my old school year's personal statements I can tell you that most people begin and end in the same, rather boring way (I had a 'different' opening sentence but concluded mundanely).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    How much has your PS changed since I, er, critiqued it SianY? (http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=36272) Being a nosy so-and-so, I'd be interested to know .

The first and last sentences are always the hardest aspect of PS writing Aimee123 (sorry, I've forgotten your real name) so I'd suggest writing the middle bits first. Also don't worry too much - having read at least half my old school year's personal statements I can tell you that most people begin and end in the same, rather boring way (I had a 'different' opening sentence but concluded mundanely).
    My PS is now 100% different! Your advice was good though but i decided to completely start again and compared to my old one i'm really happy with my new version! (Did you have to put that link in, it's embarassing! )

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I saw your very first PS attempt! I don't remember it though I'm super it's super now!!! Ooo, Sian, how many words is yours? I just want to get an idea of how much over mine is

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, Sian, how many words is yours? I just want to get an idea of how much over mine is

ReputationRep:
    Ooo mine's only 531. Excellent! I thought it was too long I can add more!

ReputationRep:
    70% of it is about geography, 30% is extra-curric stuff. Do you think that's ok??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    70% of it is about geography, 30% is extra-curric stuff. Do you think that's ok??
    Yeah, I'd say that was about the same balance as mine

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 2, 2004

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.