Do you have any GCSE Options you regret having picked?

Watch
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
People on this forum who know me can probably guess my one.
Dave Peterson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Spanish
username2885068
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Art. Ended up dropping it because I couldn't handle the constant criticism and lack of guidance from my teacher...
Trevish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Computer Science.
I had no reference book due to new syllabus
Teachers were not so good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Art, cant draw or anything and ended up getting a C in it, i wish i done french instead.
SabbyCat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I regret not having done more GCSES- I only did 4 because I wanted to do other things informally without the stress of exams. But I particularly regret not having taken Spanish GCSE because then I could have done it at A Level and got much better at it. I also regret not taking History because then I would have realised how much I hated doing it! If i could do it over again I would probably choose all the ones I did, plus Spanish, History, Latin, Psychology, Classics, and English Lit I think
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
Art. Ended up dropping it because I couldn't handle the constant criticism and lack of guidance from my teacher...
Urgh Preach, but for me, I'm trying to catch up on coursework and have been coming home afterschool doing nothing but painting, and eating. Why didn't I drop it when I had the chance
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Art. It was an extra so had to work on it in my own time. :rofl: didn't have any of my own time
Too many other commitments
Gogregg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In the GCSEs I chose, I ended up getting A*AB in Computer Science, French and Drama. I don't really regret taking any of those, but I wish I could have maybe taken DT as well? I feel like my school didn't have many options, and only 3 of them just doesn't feel like enough.
I'm glad my school didn't make us take a humanity, though :lol:
Kogux
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Popsiclez)
People on this forum who know me can probably guess my one.
Economics and German (ended up being both my lowest for obvious reasons) I had to do a humanity and a language and they were both not my thing (I'm more of a technological creative person)
Cornflakes1688
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I regret history, should've pick geography, I feel like writing based subjects rely on teachers alot for you to improve and since neither of my teachers did i'm currently struggling and everytme i ask a question i'm answered with sarcasm or mad to feel stupid, so factually based subjects are they way to go, that way you're not kissing anyones backside to get the grades you deserve

and health and social because it's not an actual gcse and it justs seems like a piss easy waste of time
TheAlphaParticle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Trevish)
Computer Science.
I had no reference book due to new syllabus
Teachers were not so good

Posted from TSR Mobile
same, my teacher was so rubbish, it was the first year the school was offering it and just made an ICT teacher teach computer science.
Amarante
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Industrial Technology
A nightmare
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Art and Drama, should have done Latin and Geography or something instead as I discovered that I really wasn't that creative lol
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Computer Science. I got a B in it, but only because I had to teach myself almost the entire course and because of my ability in Maths. If not, I would have definitely failed.
TheConfusedMedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
History - should've done Geography. Not a very essay-inclined person and looking back, I preferred the sound of the content of Geography over History (but mainly due to the awful teaching in year 10 that ruined History for me)
Abstract_Prism
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I finished my GCSEs a year ago, but Business and Communication Systems was absolutely dreadful. I thought it would teach me how to run a business, when really it was just IT + common sense.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by surina16)
History - should've done Geography. Not a very essay-inclined person and looking back, I preferred the sound of the content of Geography over History (but mainly due to the awful teaching in year 10 that ruined History for me)
Personally, i did history and geography and i found history way easier, in geography there was so much to remember and the teacher didnt teach well and couldnt control the class, but i got a* for both history and geography though
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
I'll be lucky if I get a D in Art with the amount of COurseowkr I have.
BhavyaB
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I regret taking media studies and humanities :/ Have my mocks from next Monday-fun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (264)
46.56%
Take exams next summer (78)
13.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (121)
21.34%
Apply to uni next year instead (60)
10.58%
I'm not applying to university (44)
7.76%

Watched Threads