Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have any GCSE Options you regret having picked? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    People on this forum who know me can probably guess my one.

ReputationRep:
    Spanish

ReputationRep:
    Art. Ended up dropping it because I couldn't handle the constant criticism and lack of guidance from my teacher...

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science.
    I had no reference book due to new syllabus
    Teachers were not so good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Art, cant draw or anything and ended up getting a C in it, i wish i done french instead.

ReputationRep:
    I regret not having done more GCSES- I only did 4 because I wanted to do other things informally without the stress of exams. But I particularly regret not having taken Spanish GCSE because then I could have done it at A Level and got much better at it. I also regret not taking History because then I would have realised how much I hated doing it! If i could do it over again I would probably choose all the ones I did, plus Spanish, History, Latin, Psychology, Classics, and English Lit I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    Art. Ended up dropping it because I couldn't handle the constant criticism and lack of guidance from my teacher...
    Urgh Preach, but for me, I'm trying to catch up on coursework and have been coming home afterschool doing nothing but painting, and eating. Why didn't I drop it when I had the chance

ReputationRep:
    Art. It was an extra so had to work on it in my own time. :rofl: didn't have any of my own time
    Too many other commitments

ReputationRep:
    In the GCSEs I chose, I ended up getting A*AB in Computer Science, French and Drama. I don't really regret taking any of those, but I wish I could have maybe taken DT as well? I feel like my school didn't have many options, and only 3 of them just doesn't feel like enough.
    I'm glad my school didn't make us take a humanity, though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    People on this forum who know me can probably guess my one.
    Economics and German (ended up being both my lowest for obvious reasons) I had to do a humanity and a language and they were both not my thing (I'm more of a technological creative person)

ReputationRep:
    I regret history, should've pick geography, I feel like writing based subjects rely on teachers alot for you to improve and since neither of my teachers did i'm currently struggling and everytme i ask a question i'm answered with sarcasm or mad to feel stupid, so factually based subjects are they way to go, that way you're not kissing anyones backside to get the grades you deserve

and health and social because it's not an actual gcse and it justs seems like a piss easy waste of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trevish)
    Computer Science.
    I had no reference book due to new syllabus
    Teachers were not so good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same, my teacher was so rubbish, it was the first year the school was offering it and just made an ICT teacher teach computer science.

ReputationRep:
    Industrial Technology
    A nightmare

ReputationRep:
    Art and Drama, should have done Latin and Geography or something instead as I discovered that I really wasn't that creative lol

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science. I got a B in it, but only because I had to teach myself almost the entire course and because of my ability in Maths. If not, I would have definitely failed.

ReputationRep:
    History - should've done Geography. Not a very essay-inclined person and looking back, I preferred the sound of the content of Geography over History (but mainly due to the awful teaching in year 10 that ruined History for me)

ReputationRep:
    I finished my GCSEs a year ago, but Business and Communication Systems was absolutely dreadful. I thought it would teach me how to run a business, when really it was just IT + common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    History - should've done Geography. Not a very essay-inclined person and looking back, I preferred the sound of the content of Geography over History (but mainly due to the awful teaching in year 10 that ruined History for me)
    Personally, i did history and geography and i found history way easier, in geography there was so much to remember and the teacher didnt teach well and couldnt control the class, but i got a* for both history and geography though

ReputationRep:
    I'll be lucky if I get a D in Art with the amount of COurseowkr I have.

ReputationRep:
    I regret taking media studies and humanities :/ Have my mocks from next Monday-fun

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.