joosh98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If anyone else considering/doing BU'S Business Studies degree could answer a few questions I have, that would be great

- What is the quality of teaching and the facilities like?

- What is the work like? i.e. mainly lectures, group tasks, etc

- What makes the university as a whole different from others?

I'm trying to narrow down choices. I'm currently at 7 down to 5 hopefully soon.
j.sturdy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joosh98)
If anyone else considering/doing BU'S Business Studies degree could answer a few questions I have, that would be great

Hi,
I'm a first year marketing student at Bournemouth but I share a unit with the Business Studies student and have the some of the same lecturers so hopefully I can be of some help. I really like the quality of teaching, the current unit that I am doing shared with Business studies is based around group tasks which is really different to standard essays ect. The business building is also the newest building so very modern with good facilities. I know that the Business studies students have had around 3 exams so far in this semester as well as the group work however i'm not sure if they have had to do anything else yet. The business school at Bournemouth is considered to be really good, mainly due to the opportunity for placement in the workplace for a year and around 90% of graduates find themselves in employment soon after graduation.

I hope this helped to a certain extent! If you have anymore questions about Bournemouth let me know! - Jess
laurendearden
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joosh98)

Hiya, I'm in my first year at BU studying Business Studies so hopefully I can help. The lecturers are all lovely, especially Roger if you come here and get him for accounting, he's hilarious and has a fun way of teaching. Many of the facilities here are very new, the library is very big with a lot of books and computers in, they have a rent a Macbook facility and all rooms obviously have things like interactive whiteboards. While not all lecturers teaching style is to my preference, that's just how it is and any uni will have this problem! They give you unit handbooks and mock exams etc, they also do sessions offering extra support and ensure you understand your course/topic and what it consists of.
For each sub topic you do (for example first term is Accounting, Ethics & Organisational Behaviour and Developing Management Competencies) you will have 2 hours of lectures a week, there's around 100-150 students there and then an hour of seminars for each topic a week in groups of about 20 for business, so only 9 contact hours a week which I prefer as there's more independence and less pressure to wake up on time!!
I obviously have not been to any other uni so cannot compare but I just know it has a good level of teaching with good support, useful handouts and resources and a good online portal with extra info on for extra learning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.23%
I'm not sure (59)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (381)
29.31%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.85%
I'm not a current university student (638)
49.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed