The Student Room Group

part time job xmas advice

Hi, i work in the photo company in a supermarket. Theres only 3 people that work there and 2 of us are uni students and put in holiday requests. I only requested from the 21st-1 off but was told by the other student that the manager has denied them. The other girl is quitting the job as she needs to go home for personal reasons.
I'm just wondering, can i request an alternative date? and it is unlikely that the store can continue to run with just two part time employees?
1. Read your contract/ employee handbook in how holidays are handled. We dont have access to that.
2. If it permits it then I cnat see why you cnat have an altwernative date.
3. Depending what it is, then this may be refused as well. You will then have to decide how much you wnat the job.
4. Its best resolved by talking to the manager. Obviously they have a store to keep open and limited staff. If the person quits, then they are likely to want extra hours from existing staff or may get a temp. Find out.
Original post by 999tigger
1. Read your contract/ employee handbook in how holidays are handled. We dont have access to that.
2. If it permits it then I cnat see why you cnat have an altwernative date.
3. Depending what it is, then this may be refused as well. You will then have to decide how much you wnat the job.
4. Its best resolved by talking to the manager. Obviously they have a store to keep open and limited staff. If the person quits, then they are likely to want extra hours from existing staff or may get a temp. Find out.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending