Anybody successfully got a early payment from discretionary team?

Watch
Chemical_roses
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I found myself in severe financial difficulties. My students loan has gone and due to my poor credit I can't get private loans or overdrafts ect... my attendance at uni is too low to qualify for a grant or hardship so I was advised to make an application to the discretionary payment team and if they find I'm indeed in hardship they may allow my second payment to be brought forward. My question is, has anyone applied and been successful or even declined? It's been almost 3 weeks already with no sign of a decision being made anytime soon and landlord is going mad. I'm just getting past from person to person with no update or advice.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chemical_roses)
So I found myself in severe financial difficulties. My students loan has gone and due to my poor credit I can't get private loans or overdrafts ect... my attendance at uni is too low to qualify for a grant or hardship so I was advised to make an application to the discretionary payment team and if they find I'm indeed in hardship they may allow my second payment to be brought forward. My question is, has anyone applied and been successful or even declined? It's been almost 3 weeks already with no sign of a decision being made anytime soon and landlord is going mad. I'm just getting past from person to person with no update or advice.
Hi,

Have you been sent the financial hardship form via email? Also have you sent the evidence in to show the hardship?

Thanks.
Chemical_roses
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi,

Have you been sent the financial hardship form via email? Also have you sent the evidence in to show the hardship?

Thanks.
No I sent by post direct to the discretionary payment team. I've included a mountain of evidence including a letter from my landlord.
Morven SFE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chemical_roses)
No I sent by post direct to the discretionary payment team. I've included a mountain of evidence including a letter from my landlord.
Hi,

Have you previously called us to confirm we received the evidence you sent? If so, when did we say we received that?

Thanks.
Chemical_roses
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Morven SFE;68835572]Hi,

Have you previously called us to confirm we received the evidence you sent? If so, when did we say we

Yes. Recieved last Wednesday. Wasn't put on the system until Monday. Just gone to the discretionary team today. Now I have to wait 7 to 10 working days from today when I originally applied 3 weeks ago!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (341)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (270)
44.19%

Watched Threads