Help finding a good bachelor thesis topic (on music & advertising)

Watch
Sogylam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Supervisor originally instructed me to look at the effect of one of these:

1. Vocal vs non-vocal advertisements
2. Song mood in advertising
3. song lyrics and advertisement message – semantic congruity

- on one of these:
a) brand attitude
b) emotional response ("affective response"
c) purchase intention

Among papers he instructed me to read was a sort of collection and summary of tons of different other papers:

Evaluating empirical research into music in advertising: A congruity perspective

S Oakes - Journal of Advertising Research, 2007 - journalofadvertisingresearch.com

Well, I read through it and various other papers. I find them interesting, but..
My main problem is with regards to my good ideas about the different topics I could explore. I find the preliminary thoughts about my primary data collection (my own experiment) too difficult for my skills.

Some might think say that "don't make it too difficult, it's a bachelor's thesis. just make it simple". But my imagination really doesn't do compromises like that. If i want to oversimplify something (the research as well as my experiment), I'd need someone to tell me what to do.

I don't really mind what grade I'll get,l but I gravitate towards what is interesting and I lack the imagination to choose a simpler sub-topic, or a simple way to look at a sub-topic, in this area of study. So I would be open to suggestions that are less ambituous than I currently have.

Thanks very much in advance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.28%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.39%
Live streaming events (46)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.75%
A uni comparison tool (119)
23.2%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.42%