The Student Room Group

People are getting offers from the Uni I want to go to but not me?

So one of my friends got an offer from the university I want to go to however it is for a different course. I'm just a bit worried since I sent mine off a whole month ago and he only sent his a week ago... I do realise they have until May to reply but it's still quite worrying.
Original post by alevelssuck_
So one of my friends got an offer from the university I want to go to however it is for a different course. I'm just a bit worried since I sent mine off a whole month ago and he only sent his a week ago... I do realise they have until May to reply but it's still quite worrying.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it too much. A similar thing happened to me, I sent my application off about a month before my friend did, we applied for different courses at the same university, and she got an offer earlier than I did. It could simply be that your course is more popular than theirs, so it takes longer for the uni to go through the applications for it :smile:
Different departments process applications at different times so that's no big deal.

If it was the same subject, even then it doesn't matter. I had to wait two weeks extra to hear back and I got accepted. Main thing to realise is that They process applications in batches. There's nothing to worry about here
Yeah I'll try not to worry. Thank you!

Original post by Leviathan1741
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it too much. A similar thing happened to me, I sent my application off about a month before my friend did, we applied for different courses at the same university, and she got an offer earlier than I did. It could simply be that your course is more popular than theirs, so it takes longer for the uni to go through the applications for it :smile:
Yeah that does make sense tbh. I'm just a worrier. Thank you anyway x

Original post by Mystery.
Different departments process applications at different times so that's no big deal.

If it was the same subject, even then it doesn't matter. I had to wait two weeks extra to hear back and I got accepted. Main thing to realise is that They process applications in batches. There's nothing to worry about here
Reply 5
The course makes a huge difference in when you receive offers, it's also just a bit of luck. I still have no offers after applying on October 11th, only an interview so far.
Oh that's really annoying. Well good luck to you!

Original post by JN17
The course makes a huge difference in when you receive offers, it's also just a bit of luck. I still have no offers after applying on October 11th, only an interview so far.

Quick Reply

Latest