Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My Cat Just Died! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

My cat just died. She was old and it happened quickly so I'm not too upset. Do you think its too early to suggest getting another?

ReputationRep:
    oh no ;(

i would get another soon yeah.

ReputationRep:
    cause of death?

ReputationRep:
    Not the purrfect situation I must admit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do Chickens Fly)
    cause of death?
    well I think she was at least 18 - thats older than me, and she had been acting funny for a while. Then she just lay down and didn't get up.

ReputationRep:
    I would get another, you till have all those good memories of your old one. Not too soon at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovalorbit)

My cat just died. She was old and it happened quickly so I'm not too upset. Do you think its too early to suggest getting another?
    Aww sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    well I think she was at least 18 - thats older than me, and she had been acting funny for a while. Then she just lay down and didn't get up.
    In what way had she been acting funny? It's just I'm worried about my cat.

ReputationRep:
    18 is a good age for a cat to reach.

ReputationRep:
    well moaning a lot following u everywhere, letting her pick u up. Eating lots... just general strangeness not like her at all.

ReputationRep:
    My mum said that every times she's had to take a cat to the vet to be put down, she drives home via the blue cross. New feline company is definitely required!!

ReputationRep:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should get a new one, to replace the old. You know what they say "when one life ends, another begins". The new cat can be the new life!

ReputationRep:
    awww i would be so upset if one of my cats died. but 18 is certainly a good age to reach! what was he/she called?

i think i would definately get a new cat though (but not if my other one was still around) cos i love cats and would miss having one around!

ReputationRep:

aw, my condolances, thats really sad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want to suggest getting another 1 because i know my sister will be really upset. I don't want to upset her even more!

ReputationRep:

i hated it when my dog died and felt guilty about getting another one the 2 days after. however it does help a great deal and it wont ruin the love u had for your own cat.
    its up to you, if getting another makes u feel better than yes

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want to suggest getting another 1 because i know my sister will be really upset. I don't want to upset her even more!
    But think about the future cat sat in the blue cross in a cage when you could go and give it a loving home tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    did you kill it?

ReputationRep:
    Im so sorry to hear that. I have been having problems with both my cats recently. I thought I was gonna lose them both. Getting a new cat wouldnt be bad, it may help with the pain of losing your cat. Make sure you get it from a rescue centre. I always want the ones who have been there the longest, they deserve a loving home

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.