The Student Room Group

Nomura first step programme 2017

Scroll to see replies

The jp morgan think ahead program bro , you reckon it's worth applying again next year?
Still in shock about the rejection. I can't believe I was rejected even before the deadline, there must've been a huge issue with my application for that to occur. It's so annoying they don't provide feedback.
Original post by amahmoud0129
The jp morgan think ahead program bro , you reckon it's worth applying again next year?

sure why not! i would have done it last year if i knew about this lol
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Still in shock about the rejection. I can't believe I was rejected even before the deadline, there must've been a huge issue with my application for that to occur. It's so annoying they don't provide feedback.

what about your predicted grades or something? or maybe your paragraph??

Same here I just want to contact them to ask for feedback
Original post by azizadil1998
what about your predicted grades or something? or maybe your paragraph??

I don't have predicted grades yet, I only just started Year 12. My paragraph, I feel was ok, maybe not I guess. It's just frustrating when they give 0 feedback and reject people before deadlines, it must've been bad for them not to consider me.

Same here I just want to contact them to ask for feedback

I know the feeling, quite frankly it's selfish not to as we spend a long time making our applications.
I don't have predicted grades yet, I only just started Year 12. My paragraph, I feel was ok, maybe not I guess. It's just frustrating when they give 0 feedback and reject people before deadlines, it must've been bad for them not to consider me.

I know the feeling, quite frankly it's selfish not to as we spend a long time making our applications.

Not the end of the world pal. HSBC BAML and PWC left to apply later on. All of these does not matter without your grades. Did you apply for Jp morgan think ahead?

Not the end of the world pal. HSBC BAML and PWC left to apply later on. All of these does not matter without your grades. Did you apply for Jp morgan think ahead?

HSBC has already opened should apply now. Nationwide will also have opportunities opening in February. Try Bank of America Merill Lynch I applied to them too. There is also Sky which opens in 9 days for Finance work experience placements too.

Good luck!

Thanks man, just annoying because I feel like there must be something wrong with the way in which I approach this and without feedback I can't improve. Also, I couldn't apply to JP Morgan as it was open for like a day and I was abroad at the time.

HSBC has already opened should apply now. Nationwide will also have opportunities opening in February. Try Bank of America Merill Lynch I applied to them too. There is also Sky which opens in 9 days for Finance work experience placements too.

Good luck!

Thanks, hope you get a place, I'll have a look at the places open over christmas.
Thanks man, just annoying because I feel like there must be something wrong with the way in which I approach this and without feedback I can't improve. Also, I couldn't apply to JP Morgan as it was open for like a day and I was abroad at the time.

Thanks, hope you get a place, I'll have a look at the places open over christmas.

The think ahead program was open for 4 days lol no thread about it which gives me idea not many people were aware about it
Anyone know any other opportunity's apart from HSBC and America Merill Lynch for work experience?
Original post by Calumjacko
Anyone know any other opportunity's apart from HSBC and America Merill Lynch for work experience?

Hymans Robertson, if you live in London definitely register yourself on Brokerage City Link it's quite useful.
I just applied (yes, I know it's really late... I didn't realise it was a rolling process :-/.)

Good luck everyone!
Original post by petrus123
I just applied (yes, I know it's really late... I didn't realise it was a rolling process :-/.)

Good luck everyone!

at least you'll find out soon if you're successful ahah; just 2-3 weeks max, I applied back in October lool!
at least you'll find out soon if you're successful ahah; just 2-3 weeks max, I applied back in October lool!

Wow, what a long wait! Have you applied for/got into any other programs?
Wow, what a long wait! Have you applied for/got into any other programs?

Yeah fortunately they email me 2 weeks ago saying they'll get back to me in end January, and the telephone interview (if I'm successful) will be held end of january too.. yeah I've done credit suisse, bank of america, hymans robertson, airbus (got in), sky, economic consulting firm (arranged myself), the economist, and a few others loool :biggrin: you?? I think i just named you a few firms you should apply to as well ahah.

I just hope I get either Nomura or Bank of America, don't need both really (that would be awesome), but one I'm happy with ahah.
Yeah fortunately they email me 2 weeks ago saying they'll get back to me in end January, and the telephone interview (if I'm successful) will be held end of january too.. yeah I've done credit suisse, bank of america, hymans robertson, airbus (got in), sky, economic consulting firm (arranged myself), the economist, and a few others loool :biggrin: you?? I think i just named you a few firms you should apply to as well ahah.

I just hope I get either Nomura or Bank of America, don't need both really (that would be awesome), but one I'm happy with ahah.

That's cool. Congrats on getting into airbus! Unfortunately Credit Suisse is only for Y13 (I'm in Y12). Hymans Robertson work experience isn't open yet (unless I'm missing something) but they say they'll open it up in early 2017.

I applied to JP Morgan Think Ahead (and got in :biggrin:). I'll apply to BAML soon.
That's cool. Congrats on getting into airbus! Unfortunately Credit Suisse is only for Y13 (I'm in Y12). Hymans Robertson work experience isn't open yet (unless I'm missing something) but they say they'll open it up in early 2017.

I applied to JP Morgan Think Ahead (and got in :biggrin:). I'll apply to BAML soon.

Thanks:smile: Ohh fair enough. I emailed Hymans Robertson and they said they're considering my application, maybe i applied for something else? lool
Thanks:smile: Ohh fair enough. I emailed Hymans Robertson and they said they're considering my application, maybe i applied for something else? lool

On the Hymans Robertson website it says their work experience program hasnt opened yet for applications?

also i couldnt find the link to apply for the credit suisse a level program either
Original post by jonny5263
On the Hymans Robertson website it says their work experience program hasnt opened yet for applications?

also i couldnt find the link to apply for the credit suisse a level program either

Sorry completely forgot to reply lol. Hymans Robertson said: "open for applications at some point in the new year" and I'll get an email from them when it does so i'll say on here probably. If you're talking about the A Level insight thing it's not opened/running this year.

Otherwise if you meant the internship: https://credit-suisse.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-9/xf-65b4909f6ced/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/118/opp/11404-2017-Steps-To-Success-Scholarship-Programme-UK-Year-13-A-Level/en-GB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending