The Student Room Group

Nomura first step programme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by azizadil1998
Sorry completely forgot to reply lol. Hymans Robertson said: "open for applications at some point in the new year" and I'll get an email from them when it does so i'll say on here probably. If you're talking about the A Level insight thing it's not opened/running this year.

Otherwise if you meant the internship: https://credit-suisse.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-9/xf-65b4909f6ced/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/118/opp/11404-2017-Steps-To-Success-Scholarship-Programme-UK-Year-13-A-Level/en-GB

Yeah, it must have been that. I just saw 'Year 13' and backed out tbh...
Original post by petrus123
Yeah, it must have been that. I just saw 'Year 13' and backed out tbh...

Ahh ok haha
Oh my god guys! I haven't applied yet :frown: I didn't realise it was on a rolling basis! Omfg I'm so annoyed I'm most certainly going to get rejected :frown:

I'll still apply since the deadline is 12 days away hopefully I get in. Im in yr 12 so not that much hope for it ahaha lets just see :s-smilie:
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Oh my god guys! I haven't applied yet :frown: I didn't realise it was on a rolling basis! Omfg I'm so annoyed I'm most certainly going to get rejected :frown:

I'll still apply since the deadline is 12 days away hopefully I get in. Im in yr 12 so not that much hope for it ahaha lets just see :s-smilie:

I've seen 3 guys from Year 12 doing that now ahah :biggrin: you'll know in a couple of weeks
I've seen 3 guys from Year 12 doing that now ahah :biggrin: you'll know in a couple of weeks

Hahaha hopefully! The website doesn't seem to work for me :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had a response recently, applied nearly a month ago and heard nothing back yet
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Calumjacko
Anyone had a response recently, applied nearly a month ago and heard nothing back yet

No one's heard back yet, although in the next 2 weeks people should be knowing if they have gotten through to telephone interviews or not, since they will be done at the end of January.
Anyone spammed boutiques for work experience?
Original post by biglad2k16
Anyone spammed boutiques for work experience?

Nah most of them are small so they havent got the capacity to take on students for work experience i believe... have you got one hah
Nah most of them are small so they havent got the capacity to take on students for work experience i believe... have you got one hah

No they will sometimes if you agree to just shadow them for free
That's good on a cv

No they do give experience, you just have to spam a lot of them. Most don't give work placements but some do.
Original post by Ladbants
No they do give experience, you just have to spam a lot of them. Most don't give work placements but some do.

Original post by serions871
No they will sometimes if you agree to just shadow them for free
That's good on a cv

Idk I just emailed loads and they said they can't so not sure lol. But i'm not too interested in that field so idm, have you guys gone on a placement at one?
Just emailed like 50/60 boutiques/small investment banks. Lets hope for some replies lool. Already got 5 postmaster delivery failure emails though :biggrin:
Idk I just emailed loads and they said they can't so not sure lol. But i'm not too interested in that field so idm, have you guys gone on a placement at one?

If you're "not too interested" in banking, do you think that you actually have a chance of getting in to banking?
If you're "not too interested" in banking, do you think that you actually have a chance of getting in to banking?

doing it for fun :biggrin:
doing it for fun :biggrin:

Ok, if you think that's fun
Ok, if you think that's fun

Mate you have no idea how much time i have atm lol. I just want to explore as many things as i can basically, discover maa opportunities
Mate you have no idea how much time i have atm lol. I just want to explore as many things as i can basically, discover maa opportunities

Don't you have A levels to revise for? Lol
Don't you have A levels to revise for? Lol

Long story short im retaking 1 module of 2 subjects, and doing a2 math - so no not that much revision and classes
Long story short im retaking 1 module of 2 subjects, and doing a2 math - so no not that much revision and classes

So did you do year 13 last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending