The Student Room Group

maths and arabic at st andrews

hey, thinking of applying for maths and arabic at st andrews but was wondering how the course is split, I've emailed the uni but had no reply , so is it split 50/50 or is there a majority ? I'm only going to apply for it if maths is the majority.
Reply 1
bump , as its important as im applying soon .
I don't know, sorry. I know the maths course is really fun though. Try emailing (or phoning) the maths department. Valerie Sturrock, one of the secretaries, is around quite often - she'll probably know. I think there's some set percentage for 'and' and 'with' courses, but don't quote me one that.
Reply 3
Original post by TimGB
I don't know, sorry. I know the maths course is really fun though. Try emailing (or phoning) the maths department. Valerie Sturrock, one of the secretaries, is around quite often - she'll probably know. I think there's some set percentage for 'and' and 'with' courses, but don't quote me one that.

thanks for the reply , i got an email a few days later back from st andrews and they said its 50/50 , so im definitely not applying for the joint course
Original post by dididid
thanks for the reply , i got an email a few days later back from st andrews and they said its 50/50 , so im definitely not applying for the joint course

Ah right. Is there a Maths with Arabic option? I recall x and y is different from x with y, so it may be worth checking that.

Quick Reply

Latest