The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

A risk to take economics at King's?

On the course page for BSc it says that it's a new programme for 2017. Given the fact that there are no prior experiences from the course, is it worth taking this course? How is it with "new" courses in general, are they generally a risk? I know the Uni itself is prestigous though.
It takes stock of their Econ & Mgt programme (only a few years old). This programme was highly successful with top student placement, so there is no doubt their new bsc in econ will be a great success.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
King's is a great school, and I have friends who have said good things who do maths and finance, as well as other friends who do business programmes, I'm guessing that the degree will be using aspects of the aforementioned. I had a look at the entry requirements and they ask for A* A A, that's the same as LSE, which is a bigger name than KCL. Especially considering economics is LSEs specialty, I think that is a bit high, and that A A A would be a more reasonable offer.

The best thing about King's if you're doing business is the London advantange, that you're in a prime position for internships, jobs etc.

What I would say is, apply to LSE if you have those grades, if you don't get an offer, look at other schools e.g. warwick and KCL.

Quick Reply

Latest