Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just woken up, arived back in the UK about 1:15ish. What have people been up to?

My holiday was good, learn't a little spannish culture as well as having fun getting drunk by the lovely meditrainian.

ReputationRep:
    *cringe* Sorry AT, but it's a physical reaction to the spelling.

Are you tanned?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back AT!

ReputationRep:
    comme estas?

ReputationRep:
    I am very tanned which is scary as I didn't really sun bath and was using factor 20 sun cream! It reached 37c yesterday though.

Next time I go to Europe I will be going by train though unless I take morphine. Flying just does not agree with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am very tanned which is scary as I didn't really sun bath and was using factor 20 sun cream! It reached 37c yesterday though.

Next time I go to Europe I will be going by train though unless I take morphine. Flying just does not agree with me.
    whats wrong with flying? Are there trains to Spain...isnt that more expensive than flying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    whats wrong with flying? Are there trains to Spain...isnt that more expensive than flying?
    It probably is more expensive but you get to see things on the way, and you don't have to go up into the air at a 45 dgree angle and go on your side at a 30 degree when its turning.

I could probably Moscow by train if I wanted although it may take days.

I went to Paris, Amsterdam and Lille by train last year.

ReputationRep:
    WB. Hope you had a nice time

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

ReputationRep:
    Hola.

How was Barcelona? Did you go up those towers in The Segrada Familia, and then peer over the top? If you didn't, you missed out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Just woken up, arived back in the UK about 1:15ish. What have people been up to?

My holiday was good, learn't a little spannish culture as well as having fun getting drunk by the lovely meditrainian.
    Welcome back. Don't worry, I made sure everyone stayed in line while you were away :cool: . You will also have to change the sig as TK has left the building :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Hola.

How was Barcelona? Did you go up those towers in The Segrada Familia, and then peer over the top? If you didn't, you missed out...
    What the hell is that? I was in Barca last week and didn't go to it, and I went on the red and blue routes of the tour bus! Oh - and it's all about The Park Guell, such a chilled out place.

ReputationRep:
    Meet any sexy women?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back AT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    What the hell is that? I was in Barca last week and didn't go to it, and I went on the red and blue routes of the tour bus! Oh - and it's all about The Park Guell, such a chilled out place.
    *Faints*

It was designed by Gaudi, who also designed Park Guell, along with La Pedrera in Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    *Faints*

It was designed by Gaudi, who also designed Park Guell, along with La Pedrera in Barcelona.
    Yes, Antonio is a good mate of mine - it's just pity he never got round to finishing most of his masterplans like the Park Guell, the Cathedral with scaffolding round it etc.

Is La Pedrera the Cathedral?

ReputationRep:
    Woo, welcome back AT.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Antonio is a good mate of mine - it's just pity he never got round to finishing most of his masterplans like the Park Guell, the Cathedral with scaffolding round it etc.

Is La Pedrera the Cathedral?
    La Segrada Familia was the cathedral with all the scaffolding. La Pedrera was this weird curvy whirly office building, with an amazing courtyard in the centre of it, and a roof with strange sculptures on top.

ReputationRep:
    La Segrada Familia was the cathedral with all the scaffolding. La Pedrera was this weird curvy whirly office building, with an amazing courtyard in the centre of it, and a roof with strange sculptures on top.
    I've nearly finished uploading my holiday pics to webspace, I'll link it.

Did you see the Nou Camp? I didn't go inside, but it looked a bit shabby from the outside - The Olympic Stadium is much better - a truly classic design.

ReputationRep:
    I've nearly finished uploading my holiday pics to webspace, I'll link it.

Did you see the Nou Camp? I didn't go inside, but it looked a bit shabby from the outside - The Olympic Stadium is much better - a truly classic design.
    Yeh, I went on a tour of Nou Camp. It's nice inside- you got to look round all the changing rooms and everything, which looked really modern.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.