The Student Room Group

Make a decision for me

Poll

Should I buy the £10 Lindt Lindor Advent calendar?

I already have an Advent calendar (just a standard maltesers one) but the thing is, I was in Tesco today and I saw this beauty: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=289880027

Should I buy it tomorrow? Is it justifiable to spend £10 on an advent calendar? It looks amazing though...
Also, I'm getting my first pay check in a couple of weeks and I'll have loooots of money, so buying this advent calendar won't leave me broke or anything.

So - should I buy it?
Answer yes or no in the poll and discuss in the comments if you wish :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Want value for money: make sure you fill it every day and let other people see it
Original post by shawn_o1
Want value for money: make sure you fill it every day and let other people see it

What do you mean? :confused:
I think you should get it - I recently invested in a Thorntons advent calendar - can't wait until tomorrow :smile:
Original post by jessyjellytot14
What do you mean? :confused:

It's an expensive advent calendar. If you don't use it properly you've wasted money on it
Unfortunately "Tesco no longer sells this product."
(i dont know how old you are so dont take this the wrong way)

if you have a job, yeah sure, unless its like 50p per hour £10 is nothing really.
If you're like me and studying instead of working then i wouldnt recommend it. then again im not THE most festive person i know :P
I'm 17... but age is just a number. :tongue:
I voted no that has chocolate in it which is fine if it is very dark chocolate but normally its milk Chocolate which unfortunately will have a lot of carbs because of all the sugar.

Carbs are really really really bad for you. I can't stress enough how bad carbs are. The government talks about a tax on Tobacco they should have a tax on carbs. 70-80% of the calories in your diet should come from fat and just 0-5% should be cards. With the rest been protein.
Unless you are Diabetic etc.

Ask yourself does this really look like it has that sort of ratios in the chocolate? I really think you should think long and hard about that.

I know its tempting I lapsed for several months just recently, and have a few times before but remember Carbs are a dangerous drug, Which we should try to avoid at all costs.
Original post by Rockyboy
Unfortunately "Tesco no longer sells this product."

There were LOTS on the shelves when I went today! I think they're just not selling them online anymore.
I already have an Advent calendar (just a standard maltesers one) but the thing is, I was in Tesco today and I saw this beauty: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=289880027

Should I buy it tomorrow? Is it justifiable to spend £10 on an advent calendar? It looks amazing though...
Also, I'm getting my first pay check in a couple of weeks and I'll have loooots of money, so buying this advent calendar won't leave me broke or anything.

So - should I buy it?
Answer yes or no in the poll and discuss in the comments if you wish :smile:

By 5 advent calenders for £10 or less and then eat 5 chocolate everyday

profit
Original post by Luke7456

Carbs are really really really bad for you. I can't stress enough how bad carbs are. The government talks about a tax on Tobacco they should have a tax on carbs. 70-80% of the calories in your diet should come from fat and just 0-5% should be cards. With the rest been protein.
Unless you are Diabetic etc.

I do not agree with this at all... I think you're getting carbs and fats mixed up? People can survive and thrive off high carb diets. Those whose daily intake consists of 70-80% fat will not live for very long I'm afraid.
Also, the whole point of advent calendars is to have one chocolate a day.
get it if u feel like getting it
This is more acceptable
http://kentdarkchocolate.co.uk/shop/110g-advent-calendar-extra-dark-chocolate-87-cocoa/

of course it still has 20 grams of carb per 100 which isn't good but lots of nice healthy fat their with 54 grams per 100g I guess if you stuck to just one of these a day and didn't have any other carby foods like Fruit etc you should be fine.

Of course you have to be really careful they don't seem to make any decent high fat low carb advent calendars. :frown:
This was the best one i could find. :frown:
It's chocolate. It's Christmas. You won't even remember that £10 you spent on it in a month. You can't go wrong. Treat yourself :wink:
I do not agree with this at all... I think you're getting carbs and fats mixed up? People can survive and thrive off high carb diets. Those whose daily intake consists of 70-80% fat will not live for very long I'm afraid.

I am not getting this mixed up at all high fat diets are perfectly healthy. Its the carbs that will kill you.
https://authoritynutrition.com/10-benefits-of-low-carb-ketogenic-diets/

Carbs are bad really bad

Fat is good really good.

Unless you are diabetic in which case i feel bad for ya.
Original post by Luke7456
I am not getting this mixed up at all high fat diets are perfectly healthy. Its the carbs that will kill you.
https://authoritynutrition.com/10-benefits-of-low-carb-ketogenic-diets/

Carbs are bad really bad

Fat is good really good.

Unless you are diabetic in which case i feel bad for ya.

Well I eat plenty of carbs and I am still slim and don't have any health problems :smile: Thanks for your concerns though.
Well I eat plenty of carbs and I am still slim and don't have any health problems :smile: Thanks for your concerns though.

Well I hope you are getting A*A*A* then because anything less then that and your sacrificing your grades for that diet. Ketogenic diet always improves my cognitive performance significantly. I mean don't get me wrong if your getting CCC then probs not going to go to A*A*A* but maybe ABB etc who knows. Just ketogenic diet boosts intelligence so just remember your sacrificing your future for those carbs.

but 2 advent calendars = 2 chocolates a day :fuhrer:
Original post by EastGuava
but 2 advent calendars = 2 chocolates a day :fuhrer:

Yeah great one might as well just put a straw into your skull now to start siphoning out brain cells.

Quick Reply

Latest