The Student Room Group

Make a decision for me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke7456
Well I hope you are getting A*A*A* then because anything less then that and your sacrificing your grades for that diet. Ketogenic diet always improves my cognitive performance significantly. I mean don't get me wrong if your getting CCC then probs not going to go to A*A*A* but maybe ABB etc who knows. Just ketogenic diet boosts intelligence so just remember your sacrificing your future for those carbs.

durianrider would not agree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUawnyvyJ4w

Neither would Holly Gabrielle, who is a Natural Sciences student at the University of Cambridge.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUJy393uwl2PTQIMwha8gQg
Original post by jessyjellytot14
durianrider would not agree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUawnyvyJ4w

Neither would Holly Gabrielle, who is a Natural Sciences student at the University of Cambridge.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUJy393uwl2PTQIMwha8gQg

Okay few points firstly, in regards to your first point that is one guy making videos on youtube saying stuff for affect so what. I can find many Ketogenic diet advocates. I notice he had rock climbing in his videos? I am guessing he is highly psychically active. Carbs are not a problem if you are very physically active since you likely burn up the carbs very quickly. However for most everyday people and the average lack of activity carbs are a bad idea, sure if you spend a lot of time in Gyms working out etc then it makes sense otherwise nope.

in regards to your second link this was to someones channel not a video on diet, i watched half way in but did not go further it talks about vegan diets not Carb vs fat though without meat and cheese its kinda hard to get fat. Nuts coco nut oil etc. I guess but still.

Natural sciences at Cambridge cover a wide scope of chemistry Biology and Physics. So I do not even know if she studies much Biology then she would need to study Biology specifically related to humans and diet. Since she said we are naturally herbivores I am already very skeptical of that.

My only guess as to why you would think this relevant is I mention getting better grades on Ketogenic diet and obviously she had to of got good grades to get into Cambridge.

Okay but I said the ketogenic diet boosts your intelligence. There is no reason you can't be doing very well without it. Just you would likely do better with it.
Okay few points firstly, in regards to your first point that is one guy making videos on youtube saying stuff for affect so what. I can find many Ketogenic diet advocates. I notice he had rock climbing in his videos? I am guessing he is highly psychically active. Carbs are not a problem if you are very physically active since you likely burn up the carbs very quickly. However for most everyday people and the average lack of activity carbs are a bad idea, sure if you spend a lot of time in Gyms working out etc then it makes sense otherwise nope.

in regards to your second link this was to someones channel not a video on diet, i watched half way in but did not go further it talks about vegan diets not Carb vs fat though without meat and cheese its kinda hard to get fat. Nuts coco nut oil etc. I guess but still.

Natural sciences at Cambridge cover a wide scope of chemistry Biology and Physics. So I do not even know if she studies much Biology then she would need to study Biology specifically related to humans and diet. Since she said we are naturally herbivores I am already very skeptical of that.

My only guess as to why you would think this relevant is I mention getting better grades on Ketogenic diet and obviously she had to of got good grades to get into Cambridge.

Okay but I said the ketogenic diet boosts your intelligence. There is no reason you can't be doing very well without it. Just you would likely do better with it.

Oh okay, I think I misinterpreted your last post- I thought you were trying to say that a ketogenic diet is the only way to get top grades at A-level, so that's why I gave you the link to her channel because her diet is the complete opposite to that and she managed to get top grades and go to Cambridge. I just felt like you were trying to enforce your lifestyle onto me, which is fair enough if that's what you believe in and I can see you are only trying to help, but as someone who hates meat and never eats it, it is not for me.
And I consider myself to be physically active since I have to walk to sixth form every day (which is 40 minutes each way and I'm not a slow walker) so I don't think that my daily carb intake is much of an issue, especially since I don't eat that much anyway.
Is it justifiable to spend £10 on an advent calendar?

OK very important question here: Is it a full lindor in each window? If the size is smaller it'd much more better economically and spiritually to keep the one crap advent calendar you have and just buy a proper box of lindor.

I am not getting this mixed up at all high fat diets are perfectly healthy. Its the carbs that will kill you.
https://authoritynutrition.com/10-benefits-of-low-carb-ketogenic-diets/

Carbs are bad really bad

Fat is good really good.

Unless you are diabetic in which case i feel bad for ya.

pseudo-dietitians are ****ing mad I tell ya
Original post by Retired_Messiah
OK very important question here: Is it a full lindor in each window? If the size is smaller it'd much more better economically and spiritually to keep the one crap advent calendar you have and just buy a proper box of lindor.

Yeah you get a whole lindor in each window! And there are a variety of flavours.
Yeah you get a whole lindor in each window! And there are a variety of flavours.

Oh boi flavour variety too?

You gotta buy it
Personally, I wouldn't
But I mean its up to you

Quick Reply

Latest