Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey People!

Ive been trying to come up with predicted finance tables listing all the things I will need money for at uni and like what I will need to earn in a part time job to help. What are other peoples plans to keep afloat or rather, get into as little debt as possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate101)
    Hey People!

Ive been trying to come up with predicted finance tables listing all the things I will need money for at uni and like what I will need to earn in a part time job to help. What are other peoples plans to keep afloat or rather, get into as little debt as possible?
    do you mean the fees as well? or just general spending?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate101)
    Hey People!

I know that if I can earn £40 p/w in basketball work then I'm happy as that'll well cover the food, ents and beer etc.

ReputationRep:
    become a nude art model.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vertigo)
    become a nude art model.....
    Not a bad idea, might try that one!! lol!! Watch out ladies!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    I know that if I can earn £40 p/w in basketball work then I'm happy as that'll well cover the food, ents and beer etc.

£40 a week with keep you happy??

wow! i need a good £60-£100

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    £40 a week with keep you happy??

wow! i need a good £60-£100

love Katy ***

Cost of living int'north hunny. £40 is easy to make go far if you're not getting into silly eating habits (ie fast food). The only exception to this rule is the revision period/exam time where, if you have enough money left to do so, have whatever foods you like by way of comfort.

Oh yeh I forgot to add "allowance for being female" to the original poster, meaning that a going out outfit can only be seen once or twice resulting in lots of clothes being needed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Oh yeh I forgot to add "allowance for being female" to the original poster, meaning that a going out outfit can only be seen once or twice resulting in lots of clothes being needed...
    Oooooo! I think a slap is in order!! lol!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Oooooo! I think a slap is in order!! lol!!
    But he has a point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    But he has a point
    Well the last time i said that to a girl i got slapped, and with leather gloves!! Dam hurt! lol! I had a point that time as well!! It was a weekend trip and she packed two bags!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.