username2932052
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I am in my second year of A levels and I'm resitting 3 AS exams next year. I'm currently revising AQA AS Philosophy by going through the syllabus and copying things down from the textbook. However, I'm not sure if this is a good way to revise and it feels like the format I use it not very neat and involves too much writing. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, thank you!
wookie123456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What Exam board are you with? As I am also resting one unit.
username2932052
Rep:
?
(Original post by wookie123456)
What Exam board are you with? As I am also resting one unit.
I'm with AQA
wookie123456
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pozkl44)
I'm with AQA
Ah I'm with Edexcel
username2932052
Rep:
?
Ah I'm with Edexcel
Oh okay, good luck!
wookie123456
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh okay, good luck!
You too, I would of recommended a revision guide but we don't sit the same exam boards so I cannot be of much help. Hope everything goes well.
username2932052
Rep:
?
You too, I would of recommended a revision guide but we don't sit the same exam boards so I cannot be of much help. Hope everything goes well.
Thank you and no worries, I hope everything goes well for you too.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, I am in my second year of A levels and I'm resitting 3 AS exams next year. I'm currently revising AQA AS Philosophy by going through the syllabus and copying things down from the textbook. However, I'm not sure if this is a good way to revise and it feels like the format I use it not very neat and involves too much writing. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, thank you!
I had some success with AS last year (got an A with OCR), and the resources i used were: rsrevision.com, Philosophical Investigation, my textbook, and TSR. Most of my revision consisted of rewriting notes and mindmaps, making many essay plans, reading the corresponding examiners reports, and lastly actually writing essays! Generally for a subject such as Philosophy, revision will tend to be writing heavy, fortunately or unfortunately.

Hope this helps
username2932052
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatawesomekid)
I had some success with AS last year (got an A with OCR), and the resources i used were: rsrevision.com, Philosophical Investigation, my textbook, and TSR. Most of my revision consisted of rewriting notes and mindmaps, making many essay plans, reading the corresponding examiners reports, and lastly actually writing essays! Generally for a subject such as Philosophy, revision will tend to be writing heavy, fortunately or unfortunately.

Hope this helps
Thank you very much for those resources! I will try making mindmaps and use other revision techniques too. I think im a bit worried because there is so much content so although I have already studied it last year, Im still re-learning parts of it, but I will try and use your advice. Thank you for the help.
yialli
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, that way is ok but there is a much better way! I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!"

For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler

username2932052
Rep:
?
(Original post by yialli)
Hi, that way is ok but there is a much better way! I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!"

For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler
Thank you! I will have a look at it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (34)
16.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (61)
29.9%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (78)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.75%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed