How do i ace gcse english language paper 2? Watch

valslovestolearn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i have my mock tomorrow and i have no idea how to revise. question 1 is easy of course but the rest is shaky.
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Watch YouTube videos on Mr bruff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pepsin2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know its too late for you but for other people reading: You will be given 2 sources, 1 modern and one Older

Q1) True or False (its pretty easy you just choose 4 true statements)

Q2) Summarise the differences between the sources, try to write around 2-3 paragraphs and don't just state the obvious. Be sure to use quotes as evidence for your statements.

Q3) Now you get to analyse langauge techniques of one of the sources, around 2-3 paragraphs again but these should be a bit longer and zoom in on certain quotes, techniques. Dont forget to link back to the question.

Q4) Compare how the writers... Once again you should analyse language techniques but this time Compare them, so your paragraphs should be much more extensive and talk about both sources.
Analyse how writers’ methods are used.
language differences to reflect different times/modes/purposes.

A useful way to find techniques is DAFOREST (for persuasive writing) and POSHJAM (for descriptive)

Direct Address
Alliteration
Facts
Opinions
Rhetorical questions
Emotive Language
Statistics
Triplets

Section B is writing...

If anyone can add to this plz do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads