Uncertainties in physics project help???! Watch

Mystery.
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I'm doing my physics project and at one point I have to change from g to N. The scale reading uncertainty in the balance is 0.01 g but would this be the same in the force ?
Same with converting from mm to m?

For the second procedure, I'm doing e/m ratio so one of the equations used is Velocity of electron =E/B
Where B= the Helmholtz coil equation
So would the uncertainty in B be the same as the uncertainty in current as that's the only thing I varied?
Mystery.
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Someone help plz
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
More often than not assumptions are made that constants have no uncertainty, at the least that's how we've had to do it, so assigning g an uncertainty of 0 (mass * g/gravi-field-strength @ the point, but yah just 9.81 most often) means that the uncertainty in the weight = uncertainty in the mass :_;

Of course you can work other uncertainties out but have fun with that. On the other thing, I have positively no idea. If you're using a constant, I'd think it safe to assume that the constant has no uncertainty, and just work from there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (81)
36.99%
I really love the subject (57)
26.03%
I don't know what else to do (29)
13.24%
I can't get a job (15)
6.85%
My parents want me to (5)
2.28%