The Student Room Group

My crush likes my friend

I really liked (and still do) this guy that liked my back but we didn't start a relationship because it was too soon, and then one day he completely moved on from me to my friend, who also likes him back! They're together now and it hurts so bad when I see them together, how do I get over it? I can't find anyone more perfect than him. Help me! (also my friend doesn't know we used to be a thing and hopefully she never does, it would complicate things too much)
Original post by 007385
I really liked (and still do) this guy that liked my back but we didn't start a relationship because it was too soon, and then one day he completely moved on from me to my friend, who also likes him back! They're together now and it hurts so bad when I see them together, how do I get over it? I can't find anyone more perfect than him. Help me! (also my friend doesn't know we used to be a thing and hopefully she never does, it would complicate things too much)

Try doing what's done in the movies in these type of situations, go to a stripper club and work your way up from there.
You didnt really used o be a thing.
There will be plenty of other people you cna crush on and others who you can have an actual relationship with
Crushes tend to be held to unreasonably high standards and once you get to know them, then they arent half as interesting.
Sorry it hurts, but its unlikely to last, so just get on with things. If you obsess over it then you will waste a lot of energy and make yourself even unhappier. There are other boys and some of them will be mire suited than this one. You just dont realise it.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
You didnt really used o be a thing.
There will be plenty of other people you cna crush on and others who you can have an actual relationship with
Crushes tend to be held to unreasonably high standards and once you get to know them, then they arent half as interesting.
Sorry it hurts, but its unlikely to last, so just get on with things. If you obsess over it then you will waste a lot of energy and make yourself even unhappier. There are other boys and some of them will be mire suited than this one. You just dont realise it.

Yeah you're right, the whole thing is kinda dumb anyway. I'll just have to get with life, but thanks this helped :smile:
Original post by 007385
Yeah you're right, the whole thing is kinda dumb anyway. I'll just have to get with life, but thanks this helped :smile:

Crushes are natural, especially when you are a teenager. You tend to project and riase them high in your expectations (that's why they are a crush), but a lot of them is just you building them up and not what they are like. Hard to do but be happy for your friend, get on with things and you are likely to find someone better or they will split or you will get busy.

There are a zillion articles on getting over crushes here and they will all suhhest the same. Probably better reading these to confirm how common it is than dwelling on it and making yourself sad.

O Yiny url'd it because its just a google seacrh, which had a very long url.

http://tiny.cc/dhfdhy

Quick Reply

Latest