The Student Room Group

Where can I get £1000 from?

So basically I got declined for a loan from my bank, and a credit card - even those that give them to everyone.
I believe this is partially because I am pretty invisible when it come to money and I only recently got back from a year abroad.

Can't ask family because they never have more than £200 spare.

Just need it to part fund a car I wish to get so I can get to and from work. Also gives me more choice in other jobs too. (Live in the middle of nowhere, public transport is virtually non-existent).

Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spanker
So basically I got declined for a loan from my bank, and a credit card - even those that give them to everyone.
I believe this is partially because I am pretty invisible when it come to money and I only recently got back from a year abroad.

Just need it to part fund a car I wish to get so I can get to and from work. Also gives me more choice in other jobs too. (Live in the middle of nowhere, public transport is virtually non-existent).

Any suggestions?

In the extremely unlikely event you could ever access my bank account, I have a spare £1000 and a bit knocking around! :mmm:
Reply 2
Original post by FreedomTower
In the extremely unlikely event you could ever access my bank account, I have a spare £1000 and a bit knocking around! :mmm:

Gimme, I'll pay back by 6th January. (That's how long I need it for xd)

Need a car before xmas.
Original post by spanker
Gimme, I'll pay back by 6th January. (That's how long I need it for xd)

Need a car before xmas.

:noway:

There is no iron cast guarentee you'll even pay 1 penny of it back! :eek2:

How do I know this isn't a kind of scam? :hmmm:
Reply 4
Original post by FreedomTower
:noway:

There is no iron cast guarentee you'll even pay 1 penny of it back! :eek2:

How do I know this isn't a kind of scam? :hmmm:

You have my word, I never break my word. :0
I way going to say vaccine trials and other medical trials - often very lucrative and loads of moral value - but if you live in the middle of nowhere that's a bit of a deal breaker.
Original post by spanker

Any suggestions?

Look all these up on Google to get their phone numbers
Provident
Speedy Cash
Morse's Club
Cash Converters
George Banco loans
The Money Shop
Amigo loans but you need family or friend who will be your guarantor for that company

I always get rejected for loans but Provident, Speedy, Cash Converters and The Money Shop used to give me loans
Original post by spanker

Any suggestions?

But if you borrow a lot like £1,000 the interest rate will be very high
Try Union Credit first as they do not have high interest rates
Type it on Google too
DON'T GET A CRAZY LOAN FROM ONE OF THESE KNOCK-OFF ORGANISATIONS.

Be patient, mow someones lawn and save up. Do random chores for people.
Reply 9
Original post by KyleH123
DON'T GET A CRAZY LOAN FROM ONE OF THESE KNOCK-OFF ORGANISATIONS.

Be patient, mow someones lawn and save up. Do random chores for people.

Did you see that I posted that I need a car before xmas? Otherwise it wouldn't be a problemo I'd just wait until January.
Reply 10
Lie on your back and spread your legs?

Original post by spanker
Need a car before xmas.
No. you WANT a car because it makes things more convenient.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Mimir
Lie on your back and spread your legs?

No. you WANT a car because it makes things more convenient.

No, I need a car otherwise I can't get to work over the Christmas period. If I don't get to work over the Christmas period I lose my job.

The virtually non existent public transport doesn't run for like two weeks during that time.

Can't ask family/ because none of them drive.

No taxis here.

So please tell me how else do I get to work?
(edited 7 years ago)
Because cycle? Can't you get a lift from someone?
Reply 13
Original post by spanker
@Acsel

No, I need a car otherwise I can't get to work over the Christmas period. If I don't get to work over the Christmas period I lose my job.

The virtually non existent public transport doesn't run for like two weeks during that time.

Can't ask family/ because none of them drive.

No taxis here.

So please tell me how else do I get to work?

Buy a bike or change jobs.
The way i usually work is if you can't afford the car you can't afford to RUN a car..
I think what you need to do is find alternatives over buying a car, possibly paying a friend or somebody to give you a lift, since getting £1000 could end just end up being a weight on your shoulders
Reply 16
Original post by Jackieox
The way i usually work is if you can't afford the car you can't afford to RUN a car..

That's like saying what's the point in buying a house, you can't afford to live in it.
Reply 17
Original post by Sakisaka
I think what you need to do is find alternatives over buying a car, possibly paying a friend or somebody to give you a lift, since getting £1000 could end just end up being a weight on your shoulders

It's only short term because I will have paid it off with my next pay from work in January.
Overdraft?
I have £1K at Zopa lol. I think they charge 5%??? Or maybe that's what they give me as a profit..

Or

I can lend you £1000 over a period of 24 months. APR representative 100%

Monthly repayments: £79.28
Total Amount Repayable: £1902.82
APR:100%
Total Cost of Credit: £902.82

(Not serious btw)

More seriously, you can compare some loans - it MAY be cheaper to get that loan on a ...0% or even a 12.9% credit card. I don't really condone getting loans however cars are often an "investment" - they're not. They're a massive money pit, but so many jobs require a car. If you can get by without a car, consider not buying a car.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply