The Student Room Group

What will the teenagers of 2030 be like?

Most teenagers at the moment were born in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The teenagers of 2030 will have been born in the 2010s, right around now. My question is what they will be like in contrast with the teenagers of the moment? Here are my predictions:

*Far more are going to have unusual first names - we know this already from what people are naming their babies (people born circa 1996-2000 generally still had conventional names, this started to change more around 2001/2, and has become more noticeable since)

*Either they are going to use smart-products far less than current teenagers or there will be a new, possibly thought controlled gadget that will be popular

*Clothing will be even more muted and toned down looking than what's currently in fashion

How different do you think they'll be in contrast? I'm asking because teenagers from the 1980s felt quite different in contrast with teenagers from the early 2000s, but teenagers from the early 2000s feel comparatively similar to now except from the technological point of view.
I expect they will be posting lots of "I miss the 2010s, twenty-tens kids 4eva..." threads on TSR.
They'll spend all their time on tsr!:tongue::wink:
Reply 3
An example of some of the threads on TSR:

"I am 13 dating a 40 year old, is this normal?"

"Is having 266 A*s good?"

"My dad was a TSR legend AMA"
worse than how they are now, that's how it always is...
but youth as a political concern is very below the radar as far as their rights and reform so I feel there won't be a drastic change in morality unless the legal age for smoking.drinking gets lower. And if they start trying minors as adults in criminal cases it would either make teens more rebellious or more in line with the law, dunno.
Reply 5
they'll all look like the kardashian-jenners and taking selfies will be a well-paid career

Quick Reply

Latest