URGENT help needed with law UNIT 24 ASPECTS OF CRIMINAL LAW RELATING TO BUSINESS Watch

Rock Moab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Here is what it says on the brief my teacher hasn't been in for a week now:

You have been asked to produce a factsheet which explains and applies the law relating to theft and fraud. Your factsheet needs to include a detailed description of the legal elements of theft and fraud under:
  • Theft Act 1968
  • Theft Act 1978
  • Fraud Act 2006
You need to describe these elements as fully as possible and use case examples to support your explanation.

I'm struggling with the last two bulletpoints and I cant seem to find any good case examples specifically for each one. Can anyone versed with law help me out here?

I'm doing better on the merit but i'm not entirely sure what i'm doing, you have to apply the law in the given scenarios:
  1. Louise has been accused of failing to pay for her lunch taken at the staff restaurant. Apparently, after she had eaten her meal, she realised she had left her purse at home so wrote an “IOU” note on the back of a napkin.
  2. Mike saw a motorbike parked on the staff car park. He rode home on it as he believed it to be his. However he discovered the next day that it did in fact belong to the customer services manager so he returned it to her.
  3. Kathryn noticed at £10 note on the floor of the ladies toilets. No one else was in there so she picked it up and put it in her purse.
  4. David was sponsored to do a 5km race for charity. Work colleagues have paid their sponsorship money to David but it is alleged David never took part in the run and has pocketed the money himself.
  5. Fay decided to take advantage of the discounted insurance scheme offered by the Human Resources Department. She obtained a very competitive quote for her car insurance but decided not to inform them of the accident she had last year as this would make the insurance premiums go up.
You need to apply the law to the situations given in order to decide whether or not a crime has been committed. With each situation, you need to:
  • Identify the area of law relevant to the situation
  • Explain whether or not you think the law has been broken
  • Provide reasons to support your conclusions.

I've got the hang on most of these, but I'm completely lost on the David scenario, could someone help me with that one and the outcomes of each case?

Also this is what the distinction says:

You have also been asked to write a report which evaluates the effectiveness of the law relating to theft and fraud. You need to consider:
  • The strengths of the Theft Act in terms of protecting businesses
  • The weaknesses of the Theft Act in terms of protecting businesses
  • The extent to which the Fraud Act has clarified the law relating to theft.

Does anyone have any good websites that will give the information to help me answer these questions? It just says theft act, i'm confused as to which one. If someone passed this and has any sort of notes on this they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (87)
24.37%
No (270)
75.63%

Watched Threads