This discussion is closed.
lubilu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
have you ever spoken to someone to someone on a forum and then realised that they had some vague conection to you? such as.. the daughter of you mums best friends sister.. or a sales assistant in your fave store...ect ect ect...

its just alot of time you see someones post and it really reminds you of someone who you know/ have met and you think of metioning it.. and then the brain kicks in and says ' do you want them to think your madder than then they already think you are?' heheh

okai sorry to go off the point a bit

lu x
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes.

My close friend, and once, a teacher.

Though I know of one (really quite small) forum where about 5 or 6 people realised they were from the same town.
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I joined another forum before UKL and spent ages talking to this guy and we got on really well. There was a spark there and everything nothing would have happend because I had a bf but the spark was there none the less. Then he sent me a picture and it turned out to be my ex . I guess that in some relationships there will always be that connection.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hayley...)
and once, a teacher.
!
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
on another forum i used to post on, there was a girl from my town. we never met up or anything tho
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't be ridiculous! people from UKL don't exist in real life! They all live inside my computer
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
!

It was one of the cool ones.
lubilu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
Don't be ridiculous! people from UKL don't exist in real life! They all live inside my computer

hehehehehh
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hayley...)
It was one of the cool ones.
What kind of forum was it/
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I joined another forum before UKL and spent ages talking to this guy and we got on really well. There was a spark there and everything nothing would have happend because I had a bf but the spark was there none the less. Then he sent me a picture and it turned out to be my ex . I guess that in some relationships there will always be that connection.
OMG, that must have been freaky :eek:
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
John Paul Jones from here talks to a girl who was in my Sociology class at school :eek: that was a freaky thing to find out!
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
What kind of forum was it/

It was the forum for a band I like.

It was mostly adults and I was one of the younger members; don't worry, she wasn't spending her free time in a forum full of kids!
Rob24601
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah i was discussing stuff about degrees with someone and it turned out he was in my geog class!
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
John Paul Jones from here talks to a girl who was in my Sociology class at school :eek: that was a freaky thing to find out!

do you know the other aylesbury people here (eg the narbs) or those people who were caught with all that cocaine?

MB
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It must be so cool and wierd at the same time to have something like that happen! It's never happened to me, but talk about it being a small world and that!
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh, I did see a girl in my year on UKL in the library, so I might talk to her here. I dunno...
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
you did English at the Grange didnt you?

do you know a blonde guy there called Luke

thatd be a bit of a conncection i suppose
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my friend posts on admissions forum, for med school people, and she realised when she came on ukl that a member on that forum, called fluffy was in fact our very own Fluffy! not quite the same thing ...
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
OMG, that must have been freaky :eek:
Yeah it was
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.13%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (54)
27.98%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
53.89%

Watched Threads