Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have you ever spoken to someone to someone on a forum and then realised that they had some vague conection to you? such as.. the daughter of you mums best friends sister.. or a sales assistant in your fave store...ect ect ect...

its just alot of time you see someones post and it really reminds you of someone who you know/ have met and you think of metioning it.. and then the brain kicks in and says ' do you want them to think your madder than then they already think you are?' heheh

okai sorry to go off the point a bit

lu x

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

My close friend, and once, a teacher.

Though I know of one (really quite small) forum where about 5 or 6 people realised they were from the same town.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    I joined another forum before UKL and spent ages talking to this guy and we got on really well. There was a spark there and everything nothing would have happend because I had a bf but the spark was there none the less. Then he sent me a picture and it turned out to be my ex . I guess that in some relationships there will always be that connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    and once, a teacher.
    !

ReputationRep:
    on another forum i used to post on, there was a girl from my town. we never met up or anything tho

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ridiculous! people from UKL don't exist in real life! They all live inside my computer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    !

It was one of the cool ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Don't be ridiculous! people from UKL don't exist in real life! They all live inside my computer

hehehehehh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    It was one of the cool ones.
    What kind of forum was it/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I joined another forum before UKL and spent ages talking to this guy and we got on really well. There was a spark there and everything nothing would have happend because I had a bf but the spark was there none the less. Then he sent me a picture and it turned out to be my ex . I guess that in some relationships there will always be that connection.
    OMG, that must have been freaky :eek:

ReputationRep:
    John Paul Jones from here talks to a girl who was in my Sociology class at school :eek: that was a freaky thing to find out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    What kind of forum was it/

It was the forum for a band I like.

It was mostly adults and I was one of the younger members; don't worry, she wasn't spending her free time in a forum full of kids!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was discussing stuff about degrees with someone and it turned out he was in my geog class!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    John Paul Jones from here talks to a girl who was in my Sociology class at school :eek: that was a freaky thing to find out!

do you know the other aylesbury people here (eg the narbs) or those people who were caught with all that cocaine?

MB

ReputationRep:
    It must be so cool and wierd at the same time to have something like that happen! It's never happened to me, but talk about it being a small world and that!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I did see a girl in my year on UKL in the library, so I might talk to her here. I dunno...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    you did English at the Grange didnt you?

do you know a blonde guy there called Luke

thatd be a bit of a conncection i suppose

ReputationRep:
    my friend posts on admissions forum, for med school people, and she realised when she came on ukl that a member on that forum, called fluffy was in fact our very own Fluffy! not quite the same thing ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    OMG, that must have been freaky :eek:
    Yeah it was

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.