Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have you ever spoken to someone to someone on a forum and then realised that they had some vague conection to you? such as.. the daughter of you mums best friends sister.. or a sales assistant in your fave store...ect ect ect...

its just alot of time you see someones post and it really reminds you of someone who you know/ have met and you think of metioning it.. and then the brain kicks in and says ' do you want them to think your madder than then they already think you are?' heheh

okai sorry to go off the point a bit

lu x

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

My close friend, and once, a teacher.

Though I know of one (really quite small) forum where about 5 or 6 people realised they were from the same town.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    I joined another forum before UKL and spent ages talking to this guy and we got on really well. There was a spark there and everything nothing would have happend because I had a bf but the spark was there none the less. Then he sent me a picture and it turned out to be my ex . I guess that in some relationships there will always be that connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    and once, a teacher.
    !

ReputationRep:
    on another forum i used to post on, there was a girl from my town. we never met up or anything tho

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ridiculous! people from UKL don't exist in real life! They all live inside my computer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    !

It was one of the cool ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Don't be ridiculous! people from UKL don't exist in real life! They all live inside my computer

hehehehehh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    It was one of the cool ones.
    What kind of forum was it/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I joined another forum before UKL and spent ages talking to this guy and we got on really well. There was a spark there and everything nothing would have happend because I had a bf but the spark was there none the less. Then he sent me a picture and it turned out to be my ex . I guess that in some relationships there will always be that connection.
    OMG, that must have been freaky :eek:

ReputationRep:
    John Paul Jones from here talks to a girl who was in my Sociology class at school :eek: that was a freaky thing to find out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    What kind of forum was it/

It was the forum for a band I like.

It was mostly adults and I was one of the younger members; don't worry, she wasn't spending her free time in a forum full of kids!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was discussing stuff about degrees with someone and it turned out he was in my geog class!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    John Paul Jones from here talks to a girl who was in my Sociology class at school :eek: that was a freaky thing to find out!

do you know the other aylesbury people here (eg the narbs) or those people who were caught with all that cocaine?

MB

ReputationRep:
    It must be so cool and wierd at the same time to have something like that happen! It's never happened to me, but talk about it being a small world and that!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I did see a girl in my year on UKL in the library, so I might talk to her here. I dunno...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    you did English at the Grange didnt you?

do you know a blonde guy there called Luke

thatd be a bit of a conncection i suppose

ReputationRep:
    my friend posts on admissions forum, for med school people, and she realised when she came on ukl that a member on that forum, called fluffy was in fact our very own Fluffy! not quite the same thing ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    OMG, that must have been freaky :eek:
    Yeah it was

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.