The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

University of Chester Applicants Discussion Thread 2017

Hello everyone!

This thread is for general discussion about the University of Chester. If you have any questions feel free to ask us

Find out more about our courses, campuses and student life.

We look forward to hearing from you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Chester
Hello everyone!

This thread is for general discussion about the University of Chester. If you have any questions feel free to ask us

Find out more about our courses, campuses and student life.

We look forward to hearing from you

Is it generally a good uni, what's the student life and making friends like? Also, what are the student hallways like and is it really costly? Thanks in advance,

Emily
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by animal-lover
Is it generally a good uni, what's the student life and making friends like? Also, what are the student hallways like and is it really costly? Thanks in advance,

Emily

Hi Emily,

You might find the student life section on our website useful. You will be able to see what there is to do in Chester.

Take a look at #MyChesterStory this offers a true insight into student life at Chester as much of the content is generated by students themselves.

We have over 100 clubs and societies at Chester and these are a great way to meet people and make new friends. There's also lots of events during induction week which help new students to settle in and make friends.

There is a range of accommodation available to suit all budgets, view our accommodation options online. There's a short video giving you an overview of accommodation at Chester, you can also click on the various types of accommodation and see pictures and 360 degree videos of some of the halls of residence.

Hope that helps!
Reply 3
How dificult is it to get into Chester? I'm an international student applying in the next few weeks (sooner than later) and just wanting to know if I'll for sure get in or not

1. I'm working with across the pond(since they partner and get people in to schools their affiliated with)

2)my sat's were Highest in a 1600 scale is 950 Highest in a 2400 scale is 1470 560 critical reading 390 math 520 writing

3)I took 6 ap's got a's and b's on them but only got a 3 on one exam

4)tutored for a company, volunteered for 40+ hours, secretary and VIP for clubs and such

5) gpa 2.8888 would be 3.0 if I didn't fail algebra freshman year

6) I'm applying for international relations and affairs with French honors and really want to take Japanese as well with political science and learning diplomacy and stuff like that and transferred high schools to go to a international based school with an program that specialized in that and got my certificate for completing that program.

I took two years off after grad because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and how to go about it, I didn't want to go somewhere local and waste money doing some random degree and decided to move across the country to a state I'd never been before and I did take community classes but only this year after visiting England This past summer and after many years of being into and studying up on Brit culture and things like that actually being there was mental! And slowly but surely (it's been on my mind for the past year now) it's been my firm discision to go to uni four 3 years in the U.K..(sorry this is super long just wanted to put this out there and see others opinions on my chances!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dedek
How dificult is it to get into Chester? I'm an international student applying in the next few weeks (sooner than later) and just wanting to know if I'll for sure get in or not

1. I'm working with across the pond(since they partner and get people in to schools their affiliated with)

2)my sat's were Highest in a 1600 scale is 950 Highest in a 2400 scale is 1470 560 critical reading 390 math 520 writing

3)I took 6 ap's got a's and b's on them but only got a 3 on one exam

4)tutored for a company, volunteered for 40+ hours, secretary and VIP for clubs and such

5) gpa 2.8888 would be 3.0 if I didn't fail algebra freshman year

6) I'm applying for international relations and affairs with French honors and really want to take Japanese as well with political science and learning diplomacy and stuff like that and transferred high schools to go to a international based school with an program that specialized in that and got my certificate for completing that program.

I took two years off after grad because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and how to go about it, I didn't want to go somewhere local and waste money doing some random degree and decided to move across the country to a state I'd never been before and I did take community classes but only this year after visiting England This past summer and after many years of being into and studying up on Brit culture and things like that actually being there was mental! And slowly but surely (it's been on my mind for the past year now) it's been my firm discision to go to uni four 3 years in the U.K..(sorry this is super long just wanted to put this out there and see others opinions on my chances!)

Hello, our International Team will be happy to answer those questions for you. Katy in the International Team can answer your questions via email ([email protected]) or phone +44 1244512468.

Hope that helps!
Reply 5
Thanks! Feeling a bit too nervous but will try and reach out to her soon!
On average how quick do you receive a response regarding your application? I'm going mad checking my email each day after sending my application via UCAS as I know already Chester is my first choice. Sorry to appear pushy it's just exciting times!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beckdavidson
On average how quick do you receive a response regarding your application? I'm going mad checking my email each day after sending my application via UCAS as I know already Chester is my first choice. Sorry to appear pushy it's just exciting times!

Hello, it can vary depending on a number of factors. Our Admissions team are responding to applications as soon as they can, but they are currently working through a large volume. If you want to find out when you are likely to hear you are best getting in touch with our Admissions team. Email: [email protected]

Good luck with your application! :smile:
Hi guys, I have applied for BA English Language at Parkgate Road.

Anyone else? 😊
Hi, how long after interview do you normally hear? I interviewed for midwifery and some from my interview date have had rejections and offers and im still waiting to hear.
Original post by Emmakins07
Hi, how long after interview do you normally hear? I interviewed for midwifery and some from my interview date have had rejections and offers and im still waiting to hear.

Hello, it varies. If you want to check how long it's expected to be, you will need to get in contact with our Health and Social Care Admissions Team. Email: [email protected]

Good luck! :smile:
Hi, how long after interview do you normally hear? I interviewed for midwifery and some from my interview date have had rejections and offers and im still waiting to hear,

Hi I am soon interviewing for midwifery and I do not have a clue about the interview process.

Can you share any advice on this please

Thank you x
[QUOTE="farah;69761282" Najah="Najah"]
Hi, how long after interview do you normally hear? I interviewed for midwifery and some from my interview date have had rejections and offers and im still waiting to hear,

Hi I am soon interviewing for midwifery and I do not have a clue about the interview process.

Can you share any advice on this please

Thank you x

Hello,

You should have received a leaflet through the post detailing what will happen on the day of your interview.

Your selection day will include the following:
A numeracy test
A presentation which provides you with information about the University and the Midwifery programme
An individual interview

The guidance notes that have been posted out to you give more details about the interview and what you can expect.

Do you have any other questions? :smile:
Hi! How long do Chester Uni take to reply? I know some people have already asked this, but it's getting really late now. All of my other universities have replied, but Chester is the only one I want to go to, so I'm trying to be patient, but I'm starting to get really, really anxious.
Thank you!
Original post by GeeSummer
Hi! How long do Chester Uni take to reply? I know some people have already asked this, but it's getting really late now. All of my other universities have replied, but Chester is the only one I want to go to, so I'm trying to be patient, but I'm starting to get really, really anxious.
Thank you!

Hello,
Our Admissions Team aim to make offers as quickly as possible. As we have recently passed the January 15th UCAS early application deadline they are currently processing high volumes of applications as quickly as possible. It should not be too much longer to wait. However we do have until the beginning of May to process on time applications.

If you want to check the progress of your application, please get in touch with our Admissions Team, email: [email protected]

Let us know if you have any other questions :smile:
Reply 15
Hi all I applied for a course at Chester university last year and they accepted asking me for a level 3 certificate which I don't have from Pearson

I then got this today University of Chester C55 Computer Science (including a Foundation Year) G401 Start date: 25 Sep 2017 Start from: Foundation year Congratulations! Your place at University of Chester to study Computer Science (including a Foundation Year) is confirmed. (Unconditional offer (firmly accepted)) Last updated 21 Jul 2016 View

So I'm curious as to where I stand ? Thanks Logan

I also had an email thanking me for choosing chester
Original post by Ls031
Hi all I applied for a course at Chester university last year and they accepted asking me for a level 3 certificate which I don't have from Pearson

I then got this today University of Chester C55 Computer Science (including a Foundation Year) G401 Start date: 25 Sep 2017 Start from: Foundation year Congratulations! Your place at University of Chester to study Computer Science (including a Foundation Year) is confirmed. (Unconditional offer (firmly accepted)) Last updated 21 Jul 2016 View

So I'm curious as to where I stand ? Thanks Logan

I also had an email thanking me for choosing chester

Hi Logan,

We'd recommend contacting our Admissions team on 01244 511000 or emailing [email protected] to check the status of your offer.
Hi! I have applied to Chester as an international student and I have made my offer from UofChester my firm choice about a week ago. I'm just curious about what comes next. Should I be expecting an email from the university or a confirmation that they have received my reply? I'm just curious about what I should do next.
Original post by mary.elizzy
Hi! I have applied to Chester as an international student and I have made my offer from UofChester my firm choice about a week ago. I'm just curious about what comes next. Should I be expecting an email from the university or a confirmation that they have received my reply? I'm just curious about what I should do next.

Hi, thanks of accepting our offer! Our International office should get in touch with you to confirm the details. You can email them to check they have received your reply on [email protected]
We're going to be having a Snapchat student takeover tomorrow (Friday 17th Feb). This will give you a snapshot of student life at Chester.

Follow uochester on Snapchat.

snapcode.jpg

We will be doing more student takeovers in the future, so let us know if there's anything you'd like to see. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest