Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Animal liberation front watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyHappyEnding)
    OMG no wonder you've only just finished your GCSE's it shows.
    Your commenting on Animal Testing yet you havnt read the book as to what this forum is discussing!
    What are you doing here!
    Is Singer the only book to be read out there? And for someone who is so knowledgable about animal testing you are showing a remarkable lack of skill at written english. Please reread your posts so that they make sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    as i remember the story behind penicillin is they tested it on a man who was dying and he made a stunning recovery before dying when they ran out of penicillin since it was still being produced by fungus or mould whichever it was.
    Anyway back to animal testing my point is not the amount of lives it saves i agree that it does save live however what right do we have to subject animals to testing?
    In fact, animal + human testing isn't always seperate. In many cases, following the animal stage of testing, trials on humans begin. - This isn't key to your point I realise, but it is something that few know, and worth mentioning.

Also, there are practical reasons. Research performed on animals provides information that is necessary to design human trials.

Ethically speaking, this point is quite useful. Some testing on animals is necessary, so that human volunteers aren't immediately killed by a medicine type. Even if were were to use all human-testing, it would be far more preferable to perform preliminary tests on animals, so that we have at least some notion of what it would do to a person.

ReputationRep:
    Yes global warming a serious issue taht shall greatly effect my life, NOT

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, a global-warming skeptic, just what we need to add to the mix, someone who ignores clearly seen facts and patterns.

Tell me, how does animal testing affect you? Are you a Doberman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stumbleines)
    In fact, animal + human testing isn't always seperate. In many cases, following the animal stage of testing, trials on humans begin. - This isn't key to your point I realise, but it is something that few know, and worth mentioning.

Also, there are practical reasons. Research performed on animals provides information that is necessary to design human trials.

Ethically speaking, this point is quite useful. Some testing on animals is necessary, so that human volunteers aren't immediately killed by a medicine type. Even if were were to use all human-testing, it would be far more preferable to perform preliminary tests on animals, so that we have at least some notion of what it would do to a person.
    Yes you have to fulfil all these criteria of both animal and human testing to be able to put a drug on the market at the moment don't you?

ReputationRep:
    Lets make it hotter im sick of the cold winters, and given 20years there is inevitablly going to be a company which seriously invested in renewable energy such as my fav hydroelectrical and that one out of Chain Reaction involving Hydrogen.
    Then states will simply follow suit.

ReputationRep:
    By having a research lab near by, so i have to drive past everyday yes.
    It should be replaced with all those in Strangeways

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll change your tune once changing weather patterns cause you to be hit by a hurricane, or change you climate, or the depletion of the ozone layer gives you skin cancer, or god forbid that you should live near the sea and the rising sea levels cause your home to flood

ReputationRep:
    Yes you have to fulfil all these criteria of both animal and human testing to be able to put a drug on the market at the moment don't you?
    Yes, the animal testing takes place over a long period of time, followed by a similar period by humans, then the refined version of a drug is tested on both. It takes 8 years for a drug to go onto the market.

ReputationRep:
    or god forbid that you should live near the sea and the rising sea levels cause your home to flood
    Yes because that is going to happen in my lifetime!

ReputationRep:
    Lets make it hotter im sick of the cold winters, and given 20years there is inevitablly going to be a company which seriously invested in renewable energy such as my fav hydroelectrical and that one out of Chain Reaction involving Hydrogen.
    Then states will simply follow suit.
    God i hate morons who say that technoligy will save us. What about not creating the problem in the first place. Reminds me of the 5th element saying that destruction breeds innovation

ReputationRep:
    Yes because that is going to happen in my lifetime!
    I'm assuming you're going to reproduce one day though I do hope not however have you ever considered the consequences for those that might follow you?
    And actually it could all happen much sooner than you think, the more the temperature rises the more carbon dioxide is given off accelerating the process

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact that MHE doesn't believe in the existance of global warming just shows you what type of irrational character he has - I don't like to judge, but a person who ignores a clearly documented 150 year pattern, backed up scientifically by temperature levels, evidence preserved in ice, is clearly not someone who follows hard facts, instead someone who chooses to follow anti-vivisectionist polemics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you're going to reproduce one day though I do hope not however have you ever considered the consequences for those that might follow you?
    And actually it could all happen much sooner than you think, the more the temperature rises the more carbon dioxide is given off accelerating the process
    Yes an my offspring, and the offspring of others will be able to in the future, think about our advances in the last 50 years.
    In the last 50 years we have advanced at an unthinkable speed, just think where we will be in another 50 years time.
    Yes i do accept Global Warming is occuring but i am an eternal optomist and know future generations will stop it just like one day we will find a cure for cancer war etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yes an my offspring, and the offspring of others will be able to in the future, think about our advances in the last 50 years.
    In the last 50 years we have advanced at an unthinkable speed, just think where we will be in another 50 years time.
    Yes i do accept Global Warming is occuring but i am an eternal optomist and know future generations will stop it just like one day we will find a cure for cancer war etc.
    So what you're saying is that you'll ignore the prospect of impending doom because you HOPE that the future generations might find a way to solve the problem. Does that not even strike you as remotely stupid?

ReputationRep:
    So what you're saying is that you'll ignore the prospect of impending doom because you HOPE that the future generations might find a way to solve the problem. Does that not even strike you as remotely stupid?
    If that post doesn't look at his previous posts...

ReputationRep:
    What can i seriously do about it tell me.
    The Government cant even get it right, they are trying to follow a policy of a new road tax for eah mile.
    And this revenue will cut car usage buy 30% and this money will fund a new transport infracstrucure, yet they dont realise that buy more pople using public transport less money is going in.

You expect me to take my bike to work. lol
    Get real mate do u sit at home worrying about the polar ice caps melting.
    Or how our winters are 1 degree warmer.
    O how i envy your lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    The Government cant even get it right, they are trying to follow a policy of a new road tax for eah mile.
    And this revenue will cut car usage buy 30% and this money will fund a new transport infracstrucure, yet they dont realise that buy more pople using public transport less money is going in.

And funnily enough, there is bugger-all you can do about animal testing. It's been going on for over a hundred years and it'll continue to happen.

ReputationRep:

Lots of things you could do: -Buy local produce means that you're not supporting companies that ship a potato from New Zealand when your local farm produces just a good potatoes or even better grow your own vegetable i do and it doesn't take that much time.
    - Yes ride a bicycle to work not only will it keep you fit and healthy but you at least are diminishing your contribution to Carbon Dioxide emissions.
    There are other things however its late here and i have a train to catch to go to germany where I volunteered to help in a Natural Park another thing that you could do.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of things you could do: -Buy local produce means that you're not supporting companies that ship a potato from New Zealand when your local farm produces just a good potatoes or even better grow your own vegetable i do and it doesn't take that much time.
    - Yes ride a bicycle to work not only will it keep you fit and healthy but you at least are diminishing your contribution to Carbon Dioxide emissions.
    There are other things however its late here and i have a train to catch to go to germany where I volunteered to help in a Natural Park another thing that you could do.
    Ive got 14% body fat mate i dont exactly need the exercise.
    And why should i like the heat. In fact role on Sunday when i go on my hols

Maybe if we got all you tree hugers together and burnt you that would give us a few extra years?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.