The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yea, why not? I mean I can understand there would be downsides, especially if you were a jealous sort of person.. but if I liked the guy alot then I wouldnt let the fact that he had a child get in the way
Reply 2
Not sure to be honest, I wouldn't shrug him off just because he had a kid.
I don't see any problems but I don't think I'd like "family outings" at an early stage though.
Reply 3
My first thought is to say no
theres plenty of time to date guys with bagage when youre older.
But i spose if you met someone you really liked and he already had got a girl pregnant and then while we were dating the baby was born, i wouldnt finish it.
yeh...but then again I have kids myself
Reply 5
Never again. Terrible.
Reply 6
To me it wouldn't be an issue, but I've grown up with kids.
To be honest I most likely wouldnt. At my age (19) im really not interested in the extra responsibility and it would probably put alot more pressure on the realationship. I wouldnt get attached and call it a day before it progressed.

If I were quite a bit older, nearer 30 for example I would see it being less of an issue as by that age you expect people to come with a past which may include former relationship 'baggage'.

I would never be keen on raising someone elses child though.
Reply 8
A lot of people who say 'yes' will be eating their words if they actually did it. I speak from personal experience and the shared experience from support groups catering for women in this situation.

AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.

That is all :p:
I said no, I know it probably makes me a bad person or whatever but i'm just not ready to be that selfless I'm 19 and being away at uni is enough responsibility for just now, I know I don't want my own kids yet so I really don't want anyone else's. I do respect people who can make it work though.
Be difficult if you are a full time student, because afterall the person you date does have baggage, then again it is do-able.
Reply 11
ahhhh thank gawd someone else used the B word before me.
Probably not at this age, no.
At my age it would be a shocker for guys to have kids. But even if I'm older I don't think I would date a guy with a kid. Never say never right? :smile:
Well that's another problem age, I mean how many 17 or 18 year olds or even girls in their early 20's want to be tied down to a man with a Child, sounds awful I know but at the end of the day many girls are just not ready for something like that.
Reply 15
No. I really don't like kids. And I'm 19 (which I appreciate is old to a lot of people).
once i would have said no way, i mean it doesn't make him look the responsible kind does it?

but there's a guy around my age, lil kid. and he loves that baby, he's so proud of his son and proud to be his Daddy. he could have turned his back.. but instead you could say it brings out the best in him.

how can i hold that against him?

don't just judge a guy on whether he's got a kid or not, but on what sort of dad he is. after all, anyone can have a one night stand and accidently find themselves a parent. it's how someone deals with that that tells you what sort of person they are.
Reply 17
No, i think it would be too much responsibility, and it could be unfair to the kid if they get attached and then the relationship doesnt last.
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
I know it probably makes me a bad person or whatever

It doesnt make you a bad person to not want to have to deal with someone elses mistakes :smile:
Reply 19
I don't think I would date a guy with a kid. I'd be quite concerned about what would happen if we dated and then split up, because if I got on with the kid, then it wouldn't be fair to suddenly disappear. If you know what I mean :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending