Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Adult Nursing - September 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by he95cn
I had an interview at edge hill on Thursday (2nd feb) for child nursing to start sept 2017.. I am checking UCAS every hour haha has anyone else had any replies yet? I know they said 10 days I'm just so eager to know. Thankyou :smile:

I had an interview on Tuesday for nursing! And I'm checking my emails every hour 😂 How sad I know. But I don't think people are getting offers until the 10th day exactly so I guess we're just going to have to wait! Best of luck though 😊
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by bc95bc
I had an interview on Tuesday for nursing! And I'm checking my emails every hour 😂 How sad I know. But I don't think people are getting offers until the 10th day exactly so I guess we're just going to have to wait! Best of luck though 😊

Glad it isn't just me then 😂 Good luck to everyone who's awaiting responses 😊
Hi, I have been offered a place at Edge Hill for Adult Nursing starting in September 2017, I'm so excited! I can't believe it! I absolutely loved the uni, so I think I'm going to make it my firm choice. Just wondering if anyone has actually set up a Facebook page? Would love to get to know some future nurses and make some friends before we start xxx
Reply 23
Congratulations, you must be so happy! When did you have your interview?
Thank you, I'm so happy! I still can't believe it. I had my interview on February 2nd and received my offer on February 10th xx
Hey everyone, I have an interview coming up for Edge Hill to study Adult Nursing and I am really nervous. Could anyone give me any ideas on what the questions where like? And does anyone know about the placements they send you to?
Thanks guys :smile: and congrats to everyone that has a place!!
Hi there,

I don't know if this will be any help but I doubt the questions differ too much between adult and mental health. I went for an interview last week at Edge Hill (for MH) and the questions weren't too difficult.They did throw in one about the use of technology in health but I think I answered it okay. The main thing I can I remember them asking is:
Why this particular branch?
What do you think makes a good nurse?
Tell me about the course? (Got to admit, this did throw me initially but take a look at the module choices online. However, I think they were looking for the words 50/50 spilt, so make sure you mention that it is 50% theory and 50% practice, if you do get asked this question).
The last thing I remember them asking was what would I do in a particular scenario but sadly I can't help with the adult nursing one.
But the best bit of advice, that you have probably heard a 1000 times, is to be yourself. At the end of the day, they are looking for the qualities that make a good nurse and match up to the NHS values. It will help to read around the role and take a look at the NHS values but just try to remember why you want to be a nurse and let that and your personality shine through during your interview and I am sure you will do great!
Good luck! :smile:
P.s. I did find Edge Hills Interview guidance a great help, especially the practice tests!
Thanks very much for you help :smile:
Hellooo!
I've been offered a place at Edge Hill for adult nursing too 😊
I was thinking a fb group would be good for people to get to know each other, did anyone manage to make one yet?
Really excited for September but seems so far away yet!!
Hi, did you ever get an answer for this? Sorry about how many numeracy marks is a pass? As this is what i am wanting to know too :/ thank you. X
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by steffles1992
Hey lovely people,

I was hoping to set up a Facebook page so that anyone who has been offered a place at Edge Hill to study Adult Nursing in September 2017. I thought it would be lovely to get to know people before the course starts?

If anyone is interested, please message me, or feel free to add me on Facebook . Steff Williams. Would be really nice to share the excitement with someone as September feels a long way off!

Thank you! look forward to hearing from you :smile:

Hi

Did you set up a Facebook page for Nursing Students sept 2017 for Edge Hill ??
I've just firmed and it would be nice to get to know people ??

Thanks
Leanne
Original post by Mabelpup
Hi. Does anyone know how many of the ten numeracy question you have to get right to pass. I did mine today and think I have messed up the maths. I'm gutted as they were so friendly and the uni is amazing 🙁

Hi did we ever find an answer to this question? X
Original post by Zarajo31
Hi did we ever find an answer to this question? X

Hi I think it's around 6 or 7 in the numeracy xx
Great thank you for your reply Mutch 1980 x
Hello everyone, I have set up a Facebook group 'Edge Hill University Adult Nursing - September 2017' as I've been searching since I got my offer in February and can't find a group anywhere on Facebook. I can't wait to meet people and get started! Would be lovely to get to know everyone before we start :smile: xxx
Original post by Mutch1980
Hi

Did you set up a Facebook page for Nursing Students sept 2017 for Edge Hill ??
I've just firmed and it would be nice to get to know people ??

Thanks
Leanne

Hi, I've set up a Facebook group as I couldn't find one! If you would like to join it's under Edge Hill University Adult Nursing - September 2017 xxx
Hi everyone, had my edge hill interview today feel really confident but slightly nervous about how I did on the English exam not sure whether I wrote enough 😟. How long after your interview did you all hear back? I was told 10 working days but I’m just wondering how long it was for others!
Original post by Joleighx
Hi everyone, had my edge hill interview today feel really confident but slightly nervous about how I did on the English exam not sure whether I wrote enough 😟. How long after your interview did you all hear back? I was told 10 working days but I’m just wondering how long it was for others!

Hi,
I have my interview for Children's nursing in a couple weeks and was wondering if you could give me an idea of how the math's and english tests were? I'm super nervous so anything you can tell me would be super useful.

Hope you get in :smile:
x
Original post by Ruthcha95
Hi,
I have my interview for Children's nursing in a couple weeks and was wondering if you could give me an idea of how the math's and english tests were? I'm super nervous so anything you can tell me would be super useful.

Hope you get in :smile:
x

Hi there 😊 you should have received an interview guidance email with interview prep and on there they have information about the Maths and English test. I found the maths really easy and the English was good but I think I could have done better, sooo nervous to hear back. The example papers give you a really good idea of what the exam is like so I would advise you to revise that and you honestly can’t gp wrong. You can use a calculator for the maths too I’d say use a scientific one for fractions! :smile: all the staff are very friendly and welcoming also.

good luck! Xxxx
Original post by Joleighx
Hi there 😊 you should have received an interview guidance email with interview prep and on there they have information about the Maths and English test. I found the maths really easy and the English was good but I think I could have done better, sooo nervous to hear back. The example papers give you a really good idea of what the exam is like so I would advise you to revise that and you honestly can’t gp wrong. You can use a calculator for the maths too I’d say use a scientific one for fractions! :smile: all the staff are very friendly and welcoming also.

good luck! Xxxx

Thank you so much :smile: Have you heard back yet? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending