Indyrosewoodruff
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys, thought I'd make a thread for anyone applying to do Osteopathy!

I've applied for BCOM (have an interview already) and Swansea!

I'm nervous for my interviews😬 Does anyone know what to expect??
Indyrosewoodruff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
They probably ask you to confirm you have no morals and don't mind fleecing patients for unproven treatments, as osteopaths often treat conditions for which there is no evidence their practices work..
THANKS 👍🏻 Just what I needed to hear....not
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Indyrosewoodruff)
THANKS 👍🏻 Just what I needed to hear....not
Well, its better that you get used to it before you even start, as you'll have to put up with it for the next forty or fifty years.

Look on the bright side, at least you haven't applied to study chiropractic, Chinese medicine, homeopathy or faith healing.
ktron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They probably ask you to confirm you have no morals and don't mind fleecing patients for unproven treatments, as osteopaths often treat conditions for which there is no evidence their practices work..
Not cool man.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Isn't Osteopathy a load of bull?
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ktron)
Not cool man.
I agree. Osteopathy is not a career I'd like to see my son or daughter take up. Not only will they have to hide what they do from their friends and relatives all their lives but they would probably be affected by the shame of it.
Indyrosewoodruff
Rep:
?
Please get off this thread, unless you want to give constructive information
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Please get off this thread, unless you want to give constructive information
Frankly, if you value your integrity, you will realise I have been giving you constructive advice
Indyrosewoodruff
Rep:
?
Maybe I wouldn't agree with what you choose to do with your life but I haven't gone around saying that you'd have to 'hide from your friends'
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe I wouldn't agree with what you choose to do with your life but I haven't gone around saying that you'd have to 'hide from your friends'
My occupations have been unexceptionable and my conscience is perfectly clear. It wouldn't be if I had spent my life peddling quack remedies.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh look it's OP!

username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Frankly, if you value your integrity, you will realise I have been giving you constructive advice
Why is it any of your business? Leave them alone, there's no need to be so patronizing. If you don't like what someone does as a career there's no need to be up in their face about it. Surely you wouldn't like it if someone used your career against you. Grow up.

Hi Guys, thought I'd make a thread for anyone applying to do Osteopathy!

I've applied for BCOM (have an interview already) and Swansea!

I'm nervous for my interviews😬 Does anyone know what to expect??

And good luck for the interview! Let us know how it goes
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think you are getting Osteopathy confused with Chiropractic there ...

Osteopathy while it has some crazy fringe practitioners is really rather more respected that chiro as chiro has no basis in actual anatomy...

there are also crazy fringe practitioners in Allopathic Medicine , Nursing and other health professions.

also i don;t think Osteopaths are known for causing strokes and anuerysms to be burst in the way Chiros are ...
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AshEntropy)
Isn't Osteopathy a load of bull?
again i think you are confusing Osteo with Chiropractic there ...
Indyrosewoodruff
Rep:
?
(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
Why is it any of your business? Leave them alone, there's no need to be so patronizing. If you don't like what someone does as a career there's no need to be up in their face about it. Surely you wouldn't like it if someone used your career against you. Grow up.

And good luck for the interview! Let us know how it goes
Thank you so much ❤️ I will
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
Why is it any of your business? Leave them alone, there's no need to be so patronizing.
If someone came here and said they were going to study a BA in fraud, extortion or prostitution, wouldn't you want to point out the pitfalls of such a career. This is exactly the same. I don't see how this is patronising at all. I'm trying to help the OP.
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
might be worth while comparing the NHS choices evidenc e base pages for Osteo and chiro before writing Osteopathy off ...

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Osteopa.../evidence.aspx

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/chiropr.../Evidence.aspx
medicwannabe21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did some work experience with an osteopath and saw first hand how much their work helped patients. Good luck with your interview op! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If someone came here and said they were going to study a BA in fraud, extortion or prostitution, wouldn't you want to point out the pitfalls of such a career. This is exactly the same. I don't see how this is patronising at all. I'm trying to help the OP.
Well a BA in prostitution doesn't even exist. Invalid point.

You're not "helping" - OP has interviews, has applied and clearly knows which direction they're going in and don't need someone telling them otherwise. At the end of the day, they will be making money while you'll be too busy judging peoples careers.

You are being patronizing.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I fully agree with you, Osteopathy is absolute nonsense. Heck, a degree in Mickey Mouse Studies would be less useless than Bachelor of Quacks Osteoidiocy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.29%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed