LNAT panic - scoring badly on 2nd practice test!! :(

Watch
KatieHHH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What did everyone get typically on practice tests? Panicking as I have just applied to Kings and Bristol. Got 26/42 on the first practice test, and 18 then 19 on the second one! I don't know what to do as I have my test in approx two weeks
Cecyl01
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I remember well I had something like 28 but I think I did very badly on the real thing so... Don't worry, keep practicing and eventually it'll get better! Having good practice scores doesn't mean anything if you fail when it matters anyway
KatieHHH
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cecyl01)
If I remember well I had something like 28 but I think I did very badly on the real thing so... Don't worry, keep practicing and eventually it'll get better! Having good practice scores doesn't mean anything if you fail when it matters anyway
Hmm thanks, I'm just panicking and wondering whether I should get rid of my lnat uni choices while I have the chance did you still get into uni may I ask?
SamLuxa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Download the LNAT simulator from the website that's helpful
KatieHHH
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamLuxa)
Download the LNAT simulator from the website that's helpful
That's what I've been using. And I got the results above
Cecyl01
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KatieHHH)
Hmm thanks, I'm just panicking and wondering whether I should get rid of my lnat uni choices while I have the chance did you still get into uni may I ask?
I'm still waiting for Bristol and Glasgow but i'm so scared rn, I have a feeling i'm going to fail so hard omg. But don't get rid of your choices if you really want to go there i'd say. It also depends on your grades, PS, reference... AND the level of candidates this year. You might get an offer with a score of 20ish but you can't know if you don't give it a try
KatieHHH
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohnGreek)
I know that this isn't the most helpful advice, but I did so many practice tests last year that I ended up seeing myself stagnate in terms of what I'd get on the MCQ section. I ended up getting the same mark as the one I got in the practice tests.
So are you saying I shouldn't worry about the practice tests and hope for the best? Can I ask what did you get on the practice tests?
KatieHHH
Rep:
?
I'm saying that there's only so much that you can improve in the long run, and that there should be a point where you make peace and try to acknowledge the fact that you're going to get similar scores in the real thing as in your practice tests.
Spoiler:
Show

I got 26/42 in the end

Okay. But if I am going to get a low score should I be changing my uni choices while I still have the chance?
KatieHHH
Rep:
?
I wouldn't rush to change my choices just yet. You have two weeks until the LNAT, so you still have time. Do another past paper, mark it, and make a few points of feedback to keep in mind the next time round. Then do another one and see whether your MCQ score improves at all. Repeat for as many past papers you can get your hands on (get an LNAT prep book if you don't have one already).

In the worth case scenario, if your score is stuck at 18/19, replace King's with another uni (it uses an LNAT cut-off that will probably result in you being automatically rejected if you get anything below the low 20s), but keep Bristol as a slightly more ambitious choice. From what I've heard, it's prepared to give out offers to people with lower LNAT scores than, say, UCL or KCL.
That's been so much help, thanks! Thing is, I got a good score on the first one so I will try that again and see if I still get a good one, I just don't understand how I could do well in one, then awful on the other!!😂😩
Qwerty0707
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KatieHHH)
That's been so much help, thanks! Thing is, I got a good score on the first one so I will try that again and see if I still get a good one, I just don't understand how I could do well in one, then awful on the other!!😂😩
I did the ones on the website too and I also did much on one than the other.. I think it's normal. I did the real test today and honestly it was fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed