stevesturdy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am looking at entering in a level 4/5 extended diploma in business management in the new year. As I work full time, I am already committed and can't do anything full time, so I would enter a course through distance learning. I've had a look round and OBS offers a relatively good price and am wondering if any student has previously looked at going with this company, and why you did/didn't go with them? If you did, are they worth the money?

Also, it states that when you complete the level 4/5 extended diploma, you can go to university to do a 'top-up degree' where you can get a full undergraduate degree at specific universities. Does anybody know if you go ahead with this, if it states anywhere on your certificates that this was a 'top-up degree'? I don't know if this would make my degree look any less of one, if it does state that?!
Jamie Croft
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes ive heard about them, a friend of mine is doing the level 7 postgraduate online with them, she seems to be enjoying it so far.
Alex5545
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Steve,

I completed the level 4/5 Extended Diploma with Online Business School 4 months ago - i got accepted for my Top up at Northampton, starting next month.

I was told the degree certificate or transcript does not state 'online' or 'top up'.

I hope this helps.
smuelio88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am currently studying with the Online Business School on the MBA pathway. I, like you, am working full time and could not commit to actually attending a University. As you said it is a great price for what I will gain when I finish and even better I can do it in my own time, you don't have to commit to specific times for lectures etc all of the content is made ready and available for when I am free to use it which means I can do as little or as much as I want in week for example and can even finish the course earlier than expected if I forged through and got it done.

If you do decide to study with the OBS, which I would recommend, you will be pleasantly surprised with how professional and efficient the process is.
Gawa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Alex,How did you get on with the Top-Up at Northampton?Am considering it for this year, along with Bournemouth and Derby.Thanks!
Zare D
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey did you go through with studying with OBS as I have the same questions as you?
Zare D
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Alex5545)
Hi Steve,

I completed the level 4/5 Extended Diploma with Online Business School 4 months ago - i got accepted for my Top up at Northampton, starting next month.

I was told the degree certificate or transcript does not state 'online' or 'top up'.

I hope this helps.
Hi how was your experience with Northampton and would you advice anyone to go forth and apply with OBS?
Zare D
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Gawa)
Hi Alex,How did you get on with the Top-Up at Northampton?Am considering it for this year, along with Bournemouth and Derby.Thanks!
Hey did you get to study with OBS & if you did how was your experience?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.2%

Watched Threads