The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Calor
When I looked around the campus, it just seemed really casual and peaceful (and huge!). There's a convenience store within the campus and plenty of cafes and other places to eat. Also the people there were really nice!

tbh I picked this place because of the environment - I could have a nice walk down the beach, while eating a fresh Cornish pastie! I've spent a lot of my life living in the city, so I thought it'd be nice to have a change of pace.

The animation course incorporates team work within the modules, so you have to work together to make a short film, but it's good since that's how things work in the professional world. Bournemouth allows you to work alone if you want.
I'm not the most social person, but I think it'd be good for my personal development if I work in groups, so Falmouth it was. :'o

Ahh I love the campus at Penryn but they don't have any accommodation left unless it's Treliske Halls or a shared studybed :frown: Really love the course and uni despite it being a 12 hour coach journey away! But I'm worried about a lack of things to do and finding a place to live.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 101
Original post by ClockworkPaws
Ahh I love the campus at Penryn but they don't have any accommodation left unless it's Treliske Halls or a shared studybed :frown: Really love the course and uni despite it being a 12 hour coach journey away! But I'm worried about a lack of things to do and finding a place to live.

This probably isn't what you wanna hear rn, but have you considered a gap year? I'm on one now and it's the best decision I ever made. Uni is for 3+ years and it's a lot of money, if you're not getting what you want :L just alot ought feel free to ignore :wink:
Original post by LIMCS
This probably isn't what you wanna hear rn, but have you considered a gap year? I'm on one now and it's the best decision I ever made. Uni is for 3+ years and it's a lot of money, if you're not getting what you want :L just alot ought feel free to ignore :wink:

tbh I WISH i had taken a gap year, instead my art teacher at secondary (who was tbh lovely and a good friend and teacher) recommended I spend a year on an art foundation course. I didn't need to and I hated this year. Spent a LOT of money and because I was in full-time education I couldn't earn much back so I have to work all summer at a job I hate now. Shouldn't have taken her advice but I DID meet an amazing best friend and produce some okay-ish work, sort of gave me a chance to experience uni life at a local place. Just wish it hadn't been for the whole year.
Reply 103
Original post by ClockworkPaws

Ahh I guess this is a tough situation for you :c

well, there might a be chance that some people will opt out of their accommodation (or, very slim chance asdfghj), but even if you do have a shared studybed, it wouldn't be the end of the world, right? maybe at some point in the year you could find a better place to stay.
As far as I know, living as a student seems like a slippery slope. I have an older brother and sister who are currently uni students, and they've experienced problems with accommodation at times. Sometimes things will work out, sometimes not, but you just keep going.

But I'm sure there would be plenty of societies/clubs/events that will take place. After all, you're in a completely new setting, so there'll be plenty of places to explore and new people to meet!

Good luck though, I hope everything works out for you!
Hi, I hope you see this message..., I'm a bit desperate ahaha, my name is margaret and I'm going to have a skype interview tomorrow. I saw what write so I was curious to know how was it, what they asked you, how many people were there? Help!! Sorry for the amount of questions it's just that i'm very nervous.
Original post by Oyindamola98
Hi, I hope you see this message..., I'm a bit desperate ahaha, my name is margaret and I'm going to have a skype interview tomorrow. I saw what write so I was curious to know how was it, what they asked you, how many people were there? Help!! Sorry for the amount of questions it's just that i'm very nervous.

Hello, don't be nervous! It's just a simple chat with someone from the university staff. For example, senior lecturer in photography interviewed me. She asked me a little bit about the education system in my country and then about my portfolio, inspiration behind some pictures. Also she was interested in what inspires me to do art. Oh, and she asked why I want to study in Falmouth. So it's not that hard, just talk from your heart. It will go just alright if you really want to study there. Personally, I really liked the interview, cause I wasn't the only one talking. Interviewer also talked a lot about the uni and oppurtunities that this university can give :smile: good luck!
Original post by Insoulless
Hello, don't be nervous! It's just a simple chat with someone from the university staff. For example, senior lecturer in photography interviewed me. She asked me a little bit about the education system in my country and then about my portfolio, inspiration behind some pictures. Also she was interested in what inspires me to do art. Oh, and she asked why I want to study in Falmouth. So it's not that hard, just talk from your heart. It will go just alright if you really want to study there. Personally, I really liked the interview, cause I wasn't the only one talking. Interviewer also talked a lot about the uni and oppurtunities that this university can give :smile: good luck!

Thank you for reassuring me, I appreciated it. Hope everything goes well as you said. 😳😳
Applied for Graphic Design course, received a conditional offer!
Original post by anuma1
Yeah I'm gunna be Animation & Visual Effects :smile:

Aaaaa, I hope this thread is still going, haha! First off, congrats!! :> I'm currently a Student Mentor for Animation & VFX in Falmouth Uni, and in your first year, you'll be assigned to a Student Mentor c: We're all here in this group, also along with a few of your other peers that are slowly finding this Animation & VFX FB group. So, join us and get to know a little more of your new coursemates!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/animationandvisualeffectsfalmouth17.20/
Are mini fridges allowed in glasney rooms? Ensuite.
Ahh so exciting starting Uni, cant wait! Slightly terrified ill end up in a ditch or in a flat with weirdos but hey ho. Check out my blog if you want to see if i survive or now aha. jk
https://anonexeter.blogspot.co.uk/20...y-kickers.html

Chapter 1,2,3 is up

xoxoxox
Just wondering why some people have Skype interviews and some go there in person, do they offer you both options or only if you live a long way away?
Usually it's circumstantial. So if you live far away and an interview just isn't feasible to do in person, they'll offer a Skype one, although with reluctance. I lived a 6 hour drive away, and I had to come down for a Friday, missing both Thursday and Friday at college for travelling and the interview. It's not really your choice, although if you really can't do it in person, provide them with a good enough reason to give you a skype interview.

Quick Reply

Latest