Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone ever bought any chinese/hong kong dvds off ebay?

what was quality like?

ReputationRep:
    never bought any but you could have problems with the regions - can't remember which one china falls under but i believe it's different to europe's region 2.

ReputationRep:
    Not any in the native language but I did buy Concert DVDs that were released in Japan and the East only. The quality was okay I guess but under DVD quality, just.

ReputationRep:
    they're NTSC i believe which will be fine

its about £100 for seasons 1-9 of the x files, seems cool but i'm pretty skeptical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)

its about £100 for seasons 1-9 of the x files, seems cool but i'm pretty skeptical
    hehe funnily enough. i looked into exactly the same thing last time, but didnt go through with it at the end. but personally they look very good. apparently its all in english as well just the box is the chinese version..i think.

i bought one dvd from hong kong before and the quality was...well...dvd like. very good. for like 4 quid or soemthing. so was happy about that.

do tell me if you do buy it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they look excellent, would be more like £700 otherwise and all rep is good

i'm pissed off after losing out on a batman tie so that might push me into some reckless spending

ReputationRep:

dont buy em its a rip off the qualities gonna suck .. wont have subtitles , special features etc . theyre all pirated and they might be confiscated at customs .

ReputationRep:
    yeah they look excellent, would be more like £700 otherwise and all rep is good

i'm pissed off after losing out on a batman tie so that might push me into some reckless spending
    can you post the link to the exact one you're lookin at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    dont buy em its a rip off the qualities gonna suck .. wont have subtitles , special features etc . theyre all pirated and they might be confiscated at customs .
    if it falls under the ebay or paypal protection scheme, you can claim money back for pirated goods.

ReputationRep:
    here

but theres quite a lot of them floating around, all pretty similar though.

all seems kosher enough

ReputationRep:
    Well, the feedback seems decent. Ain't there another place where you can get this though?

ReputationRep:
    anyone ever bought any chinese/hong kong dvds off ebay?

what was quality like?
    :eek: Get thee down to your local market post-haste.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.