The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation Starting January 2017 to December 2017

Hie, I am starting my course MRes Chemical engineering at the start of next year (2017) and currently trying to sort out accommodation. If there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. This includes areas to avoid, and cheap and affordable areas. Note; i will be based at Bay Campus
Original post by Richie88
Hie, I am starting my course MRes Chemical engineering at the start of next year (2017) and currently trying to sort out accommodation. If there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. This includes areas to avoid, and cheap and affordable areas. Note; i will be based at Bay Campus

Hi Richie,

I'd love to help. Are you looking to find private sector housing near the Bay Campus or are you hoping to apply for University accommodation on campus?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi thank you for taking the time to reply this thread

I would prefer a private accommodation. Even if it's a shared one as long as it's "cheap" And close to the campus. However, I wouldn't mind accommodation on campus as well
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Richie88
Hi thank you for taking the time to reply this thread

I would prefer a private accommodation. Even if it's a shared one as long as it's "cheap" And close to the campus. However, I wouldn't mind accommodation on campus as well

For private lettings, the nearest residential areas to Bay Campus are St. Thomas and Port Tennant and houses usually range between 4 - 6 beds. It is also very close to the City Centre.
However, Brynmill and Uplands remain as 2 of the most popular areas among students; even though they are not the closest to Bay.
The reason for this is because it's close to lots of shops, restaurants and other local amenities. Houses also tend to be bigger which is necessary if you are house-hunting with a big group of friends.

I highly recommend watching this 2 and a half minute video as it will really help explain what each area has to offer and what the houses/flats are like: http://browzer.co.uk/swansea/swansea-area-guide_26458

Quick Reply

Latest