The Student Room Group

Imperial MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management 2017/2018

Didn't see much discussion about this yet.

I applied Nov 1st, my references were sent in by Nov 8, and did the interview on November 21. Just waiting to hear back now.

Anyone else apply and/or heard anything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Still heard nothing from Imperial.

Anyone else apply for the MSc IEM?
Reply 2
I just finished my interview last week and waiting for news. All the best.
Reply 3
Good luck with your result!
I need to complete my interview within the next two weeks. Can you give me any suggestions on how to prepare for it? Are the questions competency based or technical (regarding our entrepreneurial ideas, etc)?
hello everyone
I also need to finish my interview within 2 weeks.
Could anyone give me any advices about the questions?
Original post by ntujokeking
hello everyone
I also need to finish my interview within 2 weeks.
Could anyone give me any advices about the questions?

I also applied for the same program last week. How long did it take to get the interview application?

And also I have heard that the questions are straigh forward, asking you about why you chose the university and the course. How is your expertise/background is related to it, what are your plans etx.
Reply 6
Have you received any updates since your interview? I completed my interview two and a half weeks ago and am also anxiously awaiting news!
Reply 7
I got rejected after two weeks without any reason
Reply 8
Original post by dantetwc
I got rejected after two weeks without any reason

sorry to hear that - hopefully you have other options as well!

Has anyone else received any news?
Reply 9
Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing for the interview, do you remember the questions that were asked and the general format of the interview itself?

Thanks!
Reply 10
Original post by dti
Have you received any updates since your interview? I completed my interview two and a half weeks ago and am also anxiously awaiting news!

Do you remember your questions and the general format of interview?

Good Luck!
Reply 11
Original post by ah28
Do you remember your questions and the general format of interview?

Good Luck!

The interview is exactly as they tell you - on an online platform. There are 5 questions (one written) and you have one minute to answer the verbal questions. I saw posts of others that said they were just asked generic "Why Imperial" "why IEM" but I did not have any like that; I have heard they customize the questions to each individual applicant. I had questions about working in teams and taking risks and my career goals.

Best of luck and make sure to let us know if you get into the program!
Reply 12
Original post by dti
The interview is exactly as they tell you - on an online platform. There are 5 questions (one written) and you have one minute to answer the verbal questions. I saw posts of others that said they were just asked generic "Why Imperial" "why IEM" but I did not have any like that; I have heard they customize the questions to each individual applicant. I had questions about working in teams and taking risks and my career goals.

Best of luck and make sure to let us know if you get into the program!

Hey, thank you for letting me know. Just a quick follow up, did they actually quote your application? Like did they specify any section of the application itself? Have you heard any replies as of yet?

Thanks!
Hey there!
I just applied for the program almost a month ago and still waiting for a response. How long did it take you to get invited for an online interview?
Reply 14
Original post by ah28
Hey, thank you for letting me know. Just a quick follow up, did they actually quote your application? Like did they specify any section of the application itself? Have you heard any replies as of yet?

Thanks!

Nope, they did not quote anything. And still no word from admissions yet...
Reply 15
Original post by namename12
Hey there!
I just applied for the program almost a month ago and still waiting for a response. How long did it take you to get invited for an online interview?

I applied on a Tuesday and got the invite to interview that same friday, but don't think that means anything for your chances, just depends how often they sit to review the apps. Good luck!
Original post by dti
I applied on a Tuesday and got the invite to interview that same friday, but don't think that means anything for your chances, just depends how often they sit to review the apps. Good luck!

Wow, how good for you. Congrats! Hope I could get a return soon. It is really difficult to wait. This is the 30th day since I applied. Getting nervous.
Reply 17
Original post by shashe
Good luck with your result!
I need to complete my interview within the next two weeks. Can you give me any suggestions on how to prepare for it? Are the questions competency based or technical (regarding our entrepreneurial ideas, etc)?

Hi there! Did you ever receive the results? Or are you anxiously awaiting news like the rest of us?
Reply 18
Hi Guys,

I had my interview yesterday. My connection messed up so I had to do my last question twice and it was a different one both times. My questions were:

What is your biggest hurdle when undertaking your MSc, and how will you overcome them?

How do you spend your time outside you academics or Work Experience?

You are leading a project that is running out of resources, how will you convice an investor to commit more resources?

[Written] How will you be an active member of the Imperial Community?

What is required to be a successful entrepreneur?

[Repeat Question] Describe a company that has shown entrepreneurial spirit?

Hope it helps! Good Luck :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ah28
Hi Guys,

I had my interview yesterday. My connection messed up so I had to do my last question twice and it was a different one both times. My questions were:

What is your biggest hurdle when undertaking your MSc, and how will you overcome them?

How do you spend your time outside you academics or Work Experience?

You are leading a project that is running out of resources, how will you convice an investor to commit more resources?

[Written] How will you be an active member of the Imperial Community?

What is required to be a successful entrepreneur?

[Repeat Question] Describe a company that has shown entrepreneurial spirit?

Hope it helps! Good Luck :smile:

I'm sure it went well! Keep us posted when you get the results.

Has been just over a month since I submitted mine, so has to be any day now...

Quick Reply

Latest