Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What car should i get? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hopefully im gonna be drivin in a month so any recommendations on a car to get, under 20k, want something quite sleek but fit more than 2 people theres enough room for mates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    hopefully im gonna be drivin in a month so any recommendations on a car to get, under 20k, want something quite sleek but fit more than 2 people theres enough room for mates
    Get a motorbike. You can't buy class.

ReputationRep:
    I wont be much help, but I thought I might mention that I was just searching through magazines for a car that I might want to buy as well. I've got my eye on a 2003 Infiniti G35 sports coupe. It's a 30 thousand dollar car.

EDIT: added a picture *sigh*
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Mazda RX8 maybe. I loved that car in Need For Speed Underground...

ReputationRep:
    £20k for a first car? Someone's rather spoilt

ReputationRep:
    £20k :eek:
    i would get a nice new audi A3 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 20k to spend on a car! You can get pretty much anything you want (within reason) with that. My friend wants a 2 litre Clio Sport

ReputationRep:
    A pink MINI

ReputationRep:
    a VW beetle?

i have a citreon C3 and it is lovely to drive

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Get a Robin Reliant. They may look old, but they have soul.

http://www.hoot-uk.com/content/news/...in_reliant.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Give £19,000 to charity and buy a TravelCard you spoilt spoilt thing you

ReputationRep:
    You're probably on the wrong forum. Doubt there are many car experts here who can give you an honest and unbiased opinion. Don't just go for a Honda Civic Type-R because it looks cool with all them neon lights, big spoilers and extra-bass speakers or whatnot because someone else likes it. There are so many factors to consider and I really hope you don't get ripped off or anything.

ReputationRep:
    ... fit more than 2 people theres enough room for mates
    Audi TT Coupè. I'm not sure if there'll be enough room in it for you, but it does at least have 4 seats. Without being too expensive (the ideal car, in my eyes, would be a Porsche 996/993, but even the older ones are a bit over your price range), it's a nice running car that looks very good.

Be aware though, that the insurance for sports cars when you are young will be immensely expensive, a 2002 Porsche 996 (not Turbo or anything fancy) would cost me around £7-8k a year in insurance (I'm an 18 year old boy). The Audi will be a lot less, but you will probably still be paying at least £2000 (unless you get your parents to get it in their name). The insurance prices are just simple conversions of Norwegian ones, they may be quite a bit lower in the UK because of cars being generally much cheaper there, but even if you half the sums, it's still quite a bit of money.

ReputationRep:
    you've got some much money to buy the car...... maybe u could give me some. Just buy the car that u think fits ur personality.

ReputationRep:
    The new 4 person smart car!! Sooo cool! I want!! I need!! I pine!!

ReputationRep:
    Subaru legacy

and 20k for a first car is just a joke, Im actually disgusted.

ReputationRep:
    20k for a 1st car is just foolish, the chances are that you will prang your first car in some way so its a much better idea to get a nice car when you have learnt to drive properly. The other thing is engine size, get a small engine as driving a powerful car when you are inexperienced is as good as suicide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poop)
    £20k for a first car? Someone's rather spoilt
    Exactly! :eek: My first(and only) one cost £2500. And it's an old banger.

ReputationRep:
    £20,000 for a first car? Sickening! I can't even afford to learn to drive.

As for a car..think of insurance costs. Go for a mid size car but spec it up-it'll hold its value better as well as being nice for you. I'm thinking new Clio (four of my friends have them and they're great cars) or even a Mégane, or new Astra, and don't go higher than a 1.6 or the insurance will be extortionate. Oh, how about a MG ZR? Sporty but insurable. Be more specific about what you what; saloon, coupé, supermini, hatchback? Do you need room to carry stuff?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    cant beat the rickety old Datsun thats only good enough to get you to the beach!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.