This discussion is closed.
charlord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elisabeth_rb)
Hi team!

Anyone done any unusual subjects? There was one chap looking for past papers for Chinese A Level which I also plan to do. I'm considering Environmental Science and Human Biology too which, whilst they're not too unusual in themselves, they're not that available either!

Anyone had chance to do Archaeology? Zoology? Classical Civilization? Ecology? Etc?

Elisabeth=)
i took archaeology A level!
its really great a level - the first year is quite easy too. Second year, the topics aren't very difficult there is just a lot to learn. the coursework is really fun to do as well.
it was definately my most fun subject - lots of fun trips etc take it!!

other interesting a levels my college offers...erm...

film studies AS
human biology
critical thinking AS
archaeology
geology
computing/ict?
environmental science
product design
music technology
performance studies
media
health and social care
leasure and recreation
business
popular music industries
photography gcse?
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Popular music industries?! Cool!

Ours has drama (which is very very rare up here), and human biology, Life And Work, Accident Prevention (the previous two being mickey mouse subjects), Ceramics, Photography (both very popular) and......{drum roll}....Statistics and Survival Cookery (as one subject)

I also think a lot of schools in Scotland teach Tourism.
BazTheMoney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We offered some uncommon ones: Greek, Modern Greek, History of Art, Latin.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
I always wanted to do Dance A level...

same
jossy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
at my previous school they did application of science or something i can't remember the name of it but it was basically practical application of science, at this school you could do modern hebrew, and sociology is that wierd?
supreme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elisabeth_rb)
Hi team!

Anyone done any unusual subjects? There was one chap looking for past papers for Chinese A Level which I also plan to do. I'm considering Environmental Science and Human Biology too which, whilst they're not too unusual in themselves, they're not that available either!

Anyone had chance to do Archaeology? Zoology? Classical Civilization? Ecology? Etc?

Elisabeth=)
I did A/S Human Biology which is evil, nobody take it. Don't listen to what I just said because I did in the night, only three hours a week and my lecturer had a "first," and never did or could explain anything.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does an A level in Astronomy exist? I understand GCSE Astronomy is now tought at my college. I would do A level Astronomy

Why not do A level Palaeontology (sp?) since I know a lot of people who would. Dinosaurs rule (or did)
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It might that there are too many A-level courses now...

I think uni's would be impressed about students taking unusual A-level subjects that lead to their degree course.
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
same
i had dance at my old school. Alot of people took it because they thought it would be a doss....and how wrong they were!
That has got to be one of the most difficult A levels i've seen as the pass rate is quite high. Glad i didn't take it
Scout
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im doing classics next year (yay!) the college im going to offers loads of different subjects
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cellardore)
i had dance at my old school. Alot of people took it because they thought it would be a doss....and how wrong they were!
That has got to be one of the most difficult A levels i've seen as the pass rate is quite high. Glad i didn't take it
I used to dance a lot when i was younger so i would have seriously considered it. I doubt it would be easy, i was never a great dancer anyway, it would just make a change from the usual. I wanted to do theatre studies but decided it would be better for my uni applications if i did something more theorectical instead.

I miss performing arts
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (34)
8.13%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (37)
8.85%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (97)
23.21%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (55)
13.16%
No, nothing has changed (124)
29.67%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (71)
16.99%

Watched Threads