Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth_rb)
    Hi team!

Anyone done any unusual subjects? There was one chap looking for past papers for Chinese A Level which I also plan to do. I'm considering Environmental Science and Human Biology too which, whilst they're not too unusual in themselves, they're not that available either!

Anyone had chance to do Archaeology? Zoology? Classical Civilization? Ecology? Etc?

Elisabeth=)
    i took archaeology A level!
    its really great a level - the first year is quite easy too. Second year, the topics aren't very difficult there is just a lot to learn. the coursework is really fun to do as well.
    it was definately my most fun subject - lots of fun trips etc take it!!

other interesting a levels my college offers...erm...

film studies AS
    human biology
    critical thinking AS
    archaeology
    geology
    computing/ict?
    environmental science
    product design
    music technology
    performance studies
    media
    health and social care
    leasure and recreation
    business
    popular music industries
    photography gcse?

ReputationRep:
    Popular music industries?! Cool!

Ours has drama (which is very very rare up here), and human biology, Life And Work, Accident Prevention (the previous two being mickey mouse subjects), Ceramics, Photography (both very popular) and......{drum roll}....Statistics and Survival Cookery (as one subject)

I also think a lot of schools in Scotland teach Tourism.

ReputationRep:
    We offered some uncommon ones: Greek, Modern Greek, History of Art, Latin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I always wanted to do Dance A level...

same

ReputationRep:
    at my previous school they did application of science or something i can't remember the name of it but it was basically practical application of science, at this school you could do modern hebrew, and sociology is that wierd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth_rb)
    Hi team!

Anyone done any unusual subjects? There was one chap looking for past papers for Chinese A Level which I also plan to do. I'm considering Environmental Science and Human Biology too which, whilst they're not too unusual in themselves, they're not that available either!

Anyone had chance to do Archaeology? Zoology? Classical Civilization? Ecology? Etc?

Elisabeth=)
    I did A/S Human Biology which is evil, nobody take it. Don't listen to what I just said because I did in the night, only three hours a week and my lecturer had a "first," and never did or could explain anything.

ReputationRep:
    Does an A level in Astronomy exist? I understand GCSE Astronomy is now tought at my college. I would do A level Astronomy

Why not do A level Palaeontology (sp?) since I know a lot of people who would. Dinosaurs rule (or did)

ReputationRep:
    It might that there are too many A-level courses now...

I think uni's would be impressed about students taking unusual A-level subjects that lead to their degree course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    same
    i had dance at my old school. Alot of people took it because they thought it would be a doss....and how wrong they were!
    That has got to be one of the most difficult A levels i've seen as the pass rate is quite high. Glad i didn't take it

ReputationRep:
    im doing classics next year (yay!) the college im going to offers loads of different subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i had dance at my old school. Alot of people took it because they thought it would be a doss....and how wrong they were!
    That has got to be one of the most difficult A levels i've seen as the pass rate is quite high. Glad i didn't take it
    I used to dance a lot when i was younger so i would have seriously considered it. I doubt it would be easy, i was never a great dancer anyway, it would just make a change from the usual. I wanted to do theatre studies but decided it would be better for my uni applications if i did something more theorectical instead.

I miss performing arts

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.