The Student Room Group

Student finance refused to pay my maintainance grant loan and tuition fees

Am a current student at the University doing my foundation programme since January i have applied for my loan they have refused to pay me they picked up an excuse that in 2013/14 because i was homeless and i used a friends address to apply they refused me then that since i was homeless i would be refused they advised me to go and get an accommodation first now i had my accommodation since 2014 and i now reapplied when i had another admission in 2016 they now referred back to 2013 that i was about to fraud them because i did not tell them on time they sent the case to fraud department they pushed it to stage 1 appeal they turned me down and asked me to reapply in Stage 2 now they have again turned me down can you please advice me at this stage on what to do
Have you talked to them since you were turned down @stage 2?
Did they give you a written explanation as to why they turned you down at stage 1 and 2?
Have you asked them or checked whether there are further opportunities to appeal?

Without knowing their full explanation and where they saw the deficiencies in your claim it is very hard to say what to do, which is why the first task would be to identify them and see whetehr you coulr or can take remedial measures.

If they are not satisfued with your residence from 2013, then maybe they will be from 2014 and let you applu next year? It shouldnt be any hardship for them to give you this information as long as you are calm and diplomatic when requesting it.
Gi and see your student advisor or book an appointment with CAB. Take all your documents with you and they can review the decision to identify what has gone on. Your explanation isnt detailed enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending