The Student Room Group

College entry!!

Hi, so basically guys I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question! Basically I went for a interview yesterday but however I did not meet the entry requirements so they said they will wait till my next report.

But what if I don't meet the requirements until GCSE Summer Results Day will I get expected into that college I want to go to or will it be to late? I am so stressed..
Reply 1
Original post by aneesha01
Hi, so basically guys I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question! Basically I went for a interview yesterday but however I did not meet the entry requirements so they said they will wait till my next report.

But what if I don't meet the requirements until GCSE Summer Results Day will I get expected into that college I want to go to or will it be to late? I am so stressed..

Colleges will usually give you a conditional offer, and say that you need to achieve certain GCSE results to go there. So it's very common that places aren't confirmed until results day anyway. But you need to ask the college your questions to find out exactly how they work, as different colleges have different processes.
Reply 2
Hello, thanks for the reply! But what I'm asking is if I don't meet the entry requirements in my mocks but on results day summer GCSE I do meet them will I still get a place in that college?
Reply 3
Hmmm. If you're applying to a grammar than as far as I know you can still apply after you get your GCSE results. Not sure about other schools. What college are you applying for?
Hello, thanks for the reply! But what I'm asking is if I don't meet the entry requirements in my mocks but on results day summer GCSE I do meet them will I still get a place in that college?
Reply 4

It completely depends on their policy so you need to ask them

Quick Reply

Latest