GCSE's that I can take on my own Watch

MolesterStallone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need like a couple of GCSE that I don't need a tutor for (since I don't go to school) I was thinking about sociology and English lit.
Any suggestions?
Ninagabriella
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ict geography environmental Mangement economics citizenship ?? English Lang
Palette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maths of course.
topazz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MolesterStallone)
I need like a couple of GCSE that I don't need a tutor for (since I don't go to school) I was thinking about sociology and English lit.
Any suggestions?
Environmental management and ICT? I feel that the content in sociology is quite a lot but it's possible to learn it. However the only problem is while doing the exam questions as the timing is very short and you have to answer a lot of 4 markers and 5 markers and also a 12 marker essay on each topic. Also you may need help knowing the structure while doing these essays. Also English Literature is the new 9-1 specification, and so therefore a lot of memorising quotes and analysing is needed.
Nye2001
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Psychology doesn't really need a tutor. I did it on my own

Posted from TSR Mobile
whowannadate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any suggestions?
Why dont u go to skl
MolesterStallone
Rep:
?
(Original post by topazz)
Environmental management and ICT? I feel that the content in sociology is quite a lot but it's possible to learn it. However the only problem is while doing the exam questions as the timing is very short and you have to answer a lot of 4 markers and 5 markers and also a 12 marker essay on each topic. Also you may need help knowing the structure while doing these essays. Also English Literature is the new 9-1 specification, and so therefore a lot of memorising quotes and analysing is needed.
can you tell me more about environmental management I have no idea it even existed lol
MolesterStallone
Rep:
?
(Original post by whowannadate)
Why dont u go to skl
I wish i could lol, but I live in the middle of nowhere, and there are no schools that teach GCSEs and Al's in my town, only private tutors and most of them suck.
SmilingWombat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think languages can be taken as home ed IGCSE so French, German etc. Human Biology is still an option too I think.
ProbablyJade
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any suggestions?
Art?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Art
Life skills
Citizenship
Language you already know
R.E on the religion you may already know about
Technology food or textiles
Business studies
Leisure and tourism
topazz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
can you tell me more about environmental management I have no idea it even existed lol
Well it's a bit like geography, and I found it really easy. I don't think you need to learn any case studies and stuff but I loved it. However I switched schools and therefore I couldn't finish that igcse, but the one I was learning was the igcse cambridge environmental management (0680).
You can look at the specifications and stuff here:
http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and...nagement-0680/
and look through past papers here:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/C...%20%280680%29/
Also I think aqa also provides environmental management so you could check that out too, since if you are going to write it privately the cost would be less as it won't be an 'international' examination system (I think)
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...l-science-4440 Also I think this one is pretty similar to environmental management.
Hopefully this helps
AspiringUnderdog
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish i could lol, but I live in the middle of nowhere, and there are no schools that teach GCSEs and Al's in my town, only private tutors and most of them suck.
Where do you live, dude?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.28%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (38)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (73)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (57)
14.77%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (43)
11.14%
How can I be the best version of myself? (116)
30.05%

Watched Threads