The Student Room Group

Barclays Apprenticeship

Does anyone know the requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

For which scheme? All of the entry requirements should be on the Barclays Apprenticeships website.
Reply 2
Original post by jackhaugh
For which scheme? All of the entry requirements should be on the Barclays Apprenticeships website.

It doesn't say if I need to pass my gcses :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
For which scheme? Generally, you do need basic qualifications to gain access to an advanced or intermediate apprenticeship.
Reply 4
For which scheme? Generally, you do need basic qualifications to gain access to an advanced or intermediate apprenticeship.

I should be able to pass my gases with Cs and aboves. And I'm willing to start maybe after A levels. But I'm not sure whether I should carry on with my A levels or drop out after my gcses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yoyosayno
I should be able to pass my gases with Cs and aboves. And I'm willing to start maybe after A levels. But I'm not sure whether I should carry on with my A levels or drop out after my gcses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is more choice when you come after A Levels, that's what I did now Barclays are sponsoring my degree.
Reply 6
There is more choice when you come after A Levels, that's what I did now Barclays are sponsoring my degree.

What do you do? What's the process?

Do you enjoy it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yoyosayno
What do you do? What's the process?

Do you enjoy it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do the leadership and management higher apprenticeship. I love it so far.

The process is interviews, tests and assessment centre after A Levels.
Reply 8
Hi,

Hope you are all well...

I am just wondering whether the Barclays Apprenticeship Schemes are yet to open or have they closed already??

Thanks
Original post by Feliza
Hi,

Hope you are all well...

I am just wondering whether the Barclays Apprenticeship Schemes are yet to open or have they closed already??

Thanks

The higher apprenticeships are yet to open- that's usually around mid January.

Probably the same for most apprenticeships which will start roughly September.
Reply 10
The higher apprenticeships are yet to open- that's usually around mid January.

Probably the same for most apprenticeships which will start roughly September.

ok, thanks a lot
when do applications open?
where is the london office based?
are apprentice paid minimum wage?
where do u study ur course if u get a place?
how many people are doing the apprenticeship apporx?
thanks x
Original post by amir976
when do applications open?
where is the london office based?
are apprentice paid minimum wage?
where do u study ur course if u get a place?
how many people are doing the apprenticeship apporx?
thanks x

I can only speak on behalf of the Leadership and Management one that I do.
London office is Canary Wharf but largely based in branches nationwide.
Apprentices are paid more than minimum wage, you get paid a regular Barclays wage.
Applications may have already opened but usually it's around this time of year so any day now.
In my cohort there are 17 people but there are tonnes more apprenticeships which take on more most of the year.
I can only speak on behalf of the Leadership and Management one that I do.
London office is Canary Wharf but largely based in branches nationwide.
Apprentices are paid more than minimum wage, you get paid a regular Barclays wage.
Applications may have already opened but usually it's around this time of year so any day now.
In my cohort there are 17 people but there are tonnes more apprenticeships which take on more most of the year.

Thanks for the reply. But I have a few more questions.

Do u have to take any online tests?
How hard are the tests?
What is the working hour like? E.g 9-5
Do u get any other benefits? E'g gym
Original post by amir976
Thanks for the reply. But I have a few more questions.

Do u have to take any online tests?
How hard are the tests?
What is the working hour like? E.g 9-5
Do u get any other benefits? E'g gym

No worries: You do have to take online tests, they're fairly hard but i'm sure you'd expect that if you are aiming to become a manager in a bank. They're probably as hard as GCSE maths and english but it becomes more difficult with the time pressures.
Working hours depend on where you work. I do 10-9 4 days on 4 days off but that's not in branch, but many of my colleagues who are in branch do 9-5, 8-4, 10-6 etc.
Yes there are tonnes of colleague benefits including gym discounts, dental/ health care, generous pension contributions and more that i can't think of off the top of my head.
No worries: You do have to take online tests, they're fairly hard but i'm sure you'd expect that if you are aiming to become a manager in a bank. They're probably as hard as GCSE maths and english but it becomes more difficult with the time pressures.
Working hours depend on where you work. I do 10-9 4 days on 4 days off but that's not in branch, but many of my colleagues who are in branch do 9-5, 8-4, 10-6 etc.
Yes there are tonnes of colleague benefits including gym discounts, dental/ health care, generous pension contributions and more that i can't think of off the top of my head.

Do any other apprenticeships such as relationship managment at Barclays offer to study a degree
Original post by amir976
Do any other apprenticeships such as relationship managment at Barclays offer to study a degree

Afraid not. There are ones that study qualifications from level 2/3 up to degree level, there are other level 6 ones which are the degree equivalent but not actually a degree.
Afraid not. There are ones that study qualifications from level 2/3 up to degree level, there are other level 6 ones which are the degree equivalent but not actually a degree.

does the online test contain a numerical test
Original post by amir976
does the online test contain a numerical test

Some do yeah, not sure about all
I've applied for the Higher Apprenticeship Risk Management Scheme and have to do a video interview.. has anyone been through this? what is it like? I've found some advice on the graduate scheme video interview from a while back but wanted to know if I could expect the same?

Also does anyone have any idea what the wage is like for the HA programme? I know someone said a "regular Barclays wage" but I have two family members working at Barclays (one in branch, one in CW) and the one in CW is earning almost triple! I don't seem to be able to find any information on apprenticeship wages (although I know the wage for the standard lower level apprentice scheme at CW as a family member went through this only last year)?

I know people might not want to disclose their exact remuneration but are we talking £15-20/£20-25/£25-30k? just a ball park figure. I'm currently in work but see the HA programme as a step to bigger and better things but couldn't survive having to take a 10k pay cut!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending