The Student Room Group

Was my housemate rude?

My other housemate asked a question (AS A JOKE) about who was more annoying -- me or him..

My other housemate pointed at me and my name. This was In front of all our mates. She said she only being honest. When I asked her if she was serious, she said yes.

I have constantly made an effort with her but she has been cold and aloof before -- not very talkative. She has gotten better, but because of this, i am unsure now..

Scroll to see replies

Which housemate? The one who asked the question or the one who gave the answer?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Which housemate? The one who asked the question or the one who gave the answer?

The one who gave the answer.
Not really, honestly. It was with all your shared friends, and I guess you guys and girls all like to have a laugh together about things.
Just this time, it was at your expense.
Don't think so much of it, and don't worry about how she is with you, either; you do you~

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would find that rude.
Reply 5
Original post by TSR Trussblink
Not really, honestly. It was with all your shared friends, and I guess you guys and girls all like to have a laugh together about things.
Just this time, it was at your expense.
Don't think so much of it, and don't worry about how she is with you, either; you do you~

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.. Hmmmmmmmm
Original post by Kasa
The one who gave the answer.

Possibly. She could have been more diplomatic, but at least you know now and she didnt precipitate the situation. You now have to work out how you will rescue it, tic the fact you live together.
Reply 7
How come?
Sounds like a right ***** stop making an effort hun
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
Possibly. She could have been more diplomatic, but at least you know now and she didnt precipitate the situation. You now have to work out how you will rescue it, tic the fact you live together.

The other housemate didnt answer because she thought it was harsh..
Original post by Kasa
My other housemate asked a question (AS A JOKE) about who was more annoying -- me or him..

My other housemate pointed at me and my name. This was In front of all our mates. She said she only being honest. When I asked her if she was serious, she said yes.

I have constantly made an effort with her but she has been cold and aloof before -- not very talkative. She has gotten better, but because of this, i am unsure now..

No.

Something tells me that you are that type of person who isn't very well liked in a variety of situations.
Reply 11
Original post by PrinceHarrys

The housemate or the person who made that thread?
Reply 12
Original post by FreedomTower
No.

Something tells me that you are that type of person who isn't very well liked in a variety of situations.

Bit harsh.. but ok.
Reply 13
No.

What would even make you think that by a single post
No.

Based on just this thread? :lolwut: Weird post lol

Original post by Kasa
The housemate or the person who made that thread?

Housemate obviously. Sounds like she has issues
Original post by Kasa
The other housemate didnt answer because she thought it was harsh..

Some people when asked a question, surprisingly give the answer necause they dont like to dodge and they prefer to tell the truth. The issue is how you respond to the situation.
Original post by PrinceHarrys

Blush

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kasa
How come?

If my friend found me annoying in any sense, I would expect her to be able to be open and just tell me whilst we are alone.
Not in front of others. So before this situation had even come up, I'd know what was annoying and if it was in actual fact reasonable and something I could change as I hadn't realised then I would have already taken the steps to do that.
Reply 18
Bit of a dickish move to do it in front of everyone, even if she was just joking.. Which she wasn't.
Original post by Kasa
Bit of a dickish move to do it in front of everyone, even if she was just joking.. Which she wasn't.

Yes exactly.
I would end up questioning my friendship tbh, can't be bothered if she's a fake.
But in no way am I saying that your friend is fake. She may genuinely not realise how dickish it was -naive and all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending