Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving to the hairdressers in 1.5 hrs to get my hair trimmed before going off to university. I have no idea what to do with it. I need suggestions ! Am feeling tres down-in-the-dumps appearance-wise and want something nice, pleeeeeease! Rep available - I might even fork out for a subscription if someone REALLY gives me a good suggestion. 90 mins peeps

Pic on profile.

ReputationRep:
    How ahve quite thick hair don't ya? Do you straighten it?

http://www.extra-muffins.com/hair/viewtopic.php?t=2081

right..that page has the links to the coveted "Hair Files" ...enjoy xD

ReputationRep:
    Yup, it's fairly thick, naturally wavy - I tend to blow dry

ReputationRep:
    Yeh your hair looks thick? Get some layers in it if you want to thin it out a bit, and maybe get it shaped around your face a little?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so far - ideally I'd appreciate it if someone just chucked pics/links on here - I have to leave in an hour!

ReputationRep:
    Short hair is really in at the moment...with the bob making a comeback with a little bit of a modern twist. Inverted bobs with hair shorter at the back are really popular at the moment, and very low maintenance. I'm getting my hair cut that way pretty soon Something a little like Rihanna's :-

Alternatively you could go for a 'rockier' cut, with more textured layers. I absolutely love this style :-

But it's all about what suits your face frame, skin tone etc. Don't be afraid to ask your hairdresser for advice! They know what they're talking about!

ReputationRep:
    nope, don't think I can do Rihanna :p: thank you though

ReputationRep:
    if your hair is thick, some layers would really add depth. also a asideswept fringe would change your look, and you can also clip it back for a change. it is also easier to grow outr if you dont like it, as it will blend into the rest of your hair easily after a little bit of growth. Some layers around your face will really frame your face, and also make your hair look really structured.

if you normally straighten your hair, then a blunt cut will look really good, especially on thick hair, as it will look really neat and precision cut.
    not v good at finding pics, but what about somethihg like this?

ReputationRep:
    The disconnected bob look. Pictured here. Maybe change the position of your parting. Maybe you could consider highlights.
    http://www.fyilondon.com/cgi-bin/pub...les&s=shopping

ReputationRep:
    i think subtle highlights would look good.

something like this: just to soften your hair a bit and make your hair look a bit "warmer".

As for the actual cut, have kinda choppy layers shaped down your face, and more of a sweeping fringe?

I think this cut is quite nice: but no so puffy at the top.

Def layers to thin it a bit more and a bit more shape round your face. Cant really find any good pics.

ReputationRep:
    omg olibubble....pyschic! :eek:

haha i had honestly not seen your post before i posted mine, cos i was busy finding pics!

crazy!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that Jessica Simpson cut is nice...looks classy on her too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    omg olibubble....pyschic! :eek:

haha i had honestly not seen your post before i posted mine, cos i was busy finding pics!

crazy!
    haha great minds think alike eh? hehe

that angle really shows off the cut too

ReputationRep:
    hey op howd you get your haircut in the end?

ReputationRep:
    I got it laayered and it frames the face well. My hair is aturally wavy and the cut really emphasises my waves (it's quite low maintenance - i just need to towel dry well and apply a tiny bt of mousse if I want )

I'd post a pic, but the rest of me looks like hell ATM

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, sounds nice

Oh, and just for future reference - if you ever decide to change the style, then don't have it cut into a short bob thingy... Since you have thick hair, it would take a lot of maintenance to keep it sleek enough to work. Longer styles work best with thick hair because it looks a bit more balanced

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.