active noise cancelling headphones. Watch

sufiankane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok! here is the situation, want to buy soem active noise cancelling headphones, is it a hgimmick or is it really mazing, i was inspired after trrying ym friends bose quietcomfort 3 but am not willing to sell my leg to pay for that quality. was thinking of splurging out on a set of sennheiser PXC250 or PXC300. Is the difference in 25 pounds really worth it? or is it better to just get some very high quality headphones for that price? problem being that in ear ones, the canal ones give me ear aches but would use it fi i have to, but also my hearing has been going due to using headphones, but lots of external noise coming in so i have to crank up the volume. soo the choices, Active noise cancelling, then on ear, then the rest what do i choose . and yes i am aware fo the shure e2c and the ultimate ears but once again would prefer on ears or some sort of major noise cancellation. also looking for longetivity.

thanks in advance
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
gimmick - ccertainly not worth the $$$ - regardless of what you said, I am still going to say go for Shure E2c - I have just bought a pair of these myself, and the noise cancelling is very very good - as much as you could want for anything aside from DJ or very noisy situations - Using them on volume 10 or 25 on creative zen micro (not very loud) I drown out traffic, the TV, other stereos, talking everything - You can walk down a busy highstreet with them in and not hear anything. Also the 3x3 different types of cushions allow for a very god comfy fit - this was my main concern when buying them, but they proved me wrong. If you do want headphones with noise cancelling but not ear canal, then I would say go for some closed back cans.

senny PXc300 are around £100, but there is a good range of noise cancelling for £50ish - see here: http://www.headphoneworld.com/c/Nois...Headphones.htm
or if you want isolating without what i find is the intrusive amping up of the sound done by noise cancelling, something like these: http://www.headphoneworld.com/p/Senn...Headphones.htm
sufiankane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i cna find the sennheiser PXC 300 for around 50 pounds. would you say its still worth it then?
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
good price, but personally I don't like active noise cancellation - too intrusive and really it just turns the volume up - probably not the best for your ears - better to seal the sound out with really good closed backs or earcanal IEMs - My shure E2c were only £35 and they block out ambient sounds very well.
dakedake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you get good phones your music will sound better, not as good as through some good speakers though. I'm thinking of getting those shure ones too. Block out outside noise so i dont have to turn the volume up and make me lose my hearing in a few years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads