The Student Room Group

Will i get into a university with BTEC Engineering+A level maths?

Hi there i'am currently doing BTEC engineering plus a level maths alongside it. Will the combination of those qualification open doors to good university(a Russell group possible), to do Mechanical Engineering?
If there is anyone doing this course, please can i get a brief insight of how its going ?
I think it is possible to do this. It would be worth looking at some universities you are interested in, and check their entry requirements.
I would say that's a strong combination. An A level maths with practical subject knowledge.
Original post by JomitJ
Hi there i'am currently doing BTEC engineering plus a level maths alongside it. Will the combination of those qualification open doors to good university(a Russell group possible), to do Mechanical Engineering?
If there is anyone doing this course, please can i get a brief insight of how its going ?

Yes I know many people that have done it. You just have to score well on your Maths units in the Btec and do well in Maths A level.
Reply 4
Original post by JomitJ

Yes - depending on the university. Just check the entry requirements.

"Even" Cambridge accepts BTEC + Maths A-Level
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/engineering
"All Colleges, except Trinity, welcome applications from students taking A Level Mathematics and a suitable vocational qualification, eg a BTEC Higher National Diploma in an engineering discipline. Applicants are expected to achieve the highest possible grades in A Level Mathematics and the vocational qualification. Those taking the Single Award Applied A Level in Engineering or the Principal Learning components of the Advanced Diploma in Engineering must also be taking A Levels in Mathematics and Physics. The Level 3 Certificate in Mathematics for Engineering is a suitable alternative to A Level Mathematics for these purposes."

Edit: just noticed this is a slighly old thread which has been answered in full. So it's now closed.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending