Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently looking for a job, a weekend one, it would be an advantage if it was a saturday one. However, I can't find anything! I need one during college time, in London. I live in East London I just got GCSEs however I work hard! Can anyone please find me any work they can, (NO CLEANING ONES THOUGH :cool: ) and I would appreciate it! I've tryed everything.

ReputationRep:
    Try Greggs and some Supermarkets. You'll find it much easier at your age than in two years, when you're more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pony Jack)
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/index.html
    I've already tried soooooo many websites, I'm started to hate them!

Thank you for your help though! I appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Try Greggs and some Supermarkets. You'll find it much easier at your age than in two years, when you're more expensive.
    Sounds great! If I start to become bothered enough to visit shops!

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahmiina.)
    Sounds great! If I start to become bothered enough to visit shops!
    You're gonna have to be bothered, I'm afraid. A job won't come to you, you have to go to it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you've got submit a flood of applications to even get one interview these days. It's a lot harder than it used to be to get student work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abz90)
    You're gonna have to be bothered, I'm afraid. A job won't come to you, you have to go to it.
    I know! I will have to! Need to do it soon, college starts soon.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get the first job I applied for, a month after I turned 16. I really want to get a new job, but reading this forum has made me appreciate a lot more how hard it is to find work.

Go to your local High Street and give every shop you would even consider working in a copy of your CV. Even if they say they aren't hiring, as them to pass itonto the manager for future consideration.

Don't be a snob and turn your nose up at supermarkets. They tend to pay better than most fashion chains or one off shops. I earn £5.60 an hour at Tesco (standard under 18 rate at my store). if you end up on shop floor, it's harder work than the checkouts, but you have greater freedom to wander about and have a laugh with your colleagues. Checkouts are easier, as you can chat to customers and you're sitting down usually.

So yeah, that's all the advice I can give you. Make the effort and something should turn up. After all, you're cheaper labour than the over 18s.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.