The Student Room Group

What worked for you to deal with procrastination?

i put my phone away (give it to my sis so theres no chance of taking it back) and force myself to study by setting a target.. then after i'm done i treat myself with something like a chocolate bar, or going out for a tiny walk, ((anything that gives u motivation)) (i don't use my phone between studying sessions as i find it so hard to get back into the mood of studying) .. then repeat . idk thats what works for me

What worked for you to deal with procrastination?

i put my phone away (give it to my sis so theres no chance of taking it back) and force myself to study by setting a target.. then after i'm done i treat myself with something like a chocolate bar, or going out for a tiny walk, ((anything that gives u motivation)) (i don't use my phone between studying sessions as i find it so hard to get back into the mood of studying) .. then repeat . idk thats what works for me
that doesnt really work for me personally .. but there are some videos on youtube which have music specifically for concen. while studying - u should give them a go
use your laptop but dont open any social media - log out of everything
btw i dont suggest you listen to songs you know the words to cos you'll just end up singing along.. just use tunes that help you to focus
My mums chappals.
Reply 5
waiting until the last night before the work needs to be submitted works every time tbh
:smile:
Reply 7
TSR.
Reply 8
Motivation, or realising how screwed I am.
Setting small, realistic goals and when you meet them, rewarding yourself. Something like 'I'll work for 45 minutes without checking social media and if I do that, then I'll spend 5 minutes or so looking at my phone'. Don't reward yourself with food!

If you really do have a problem with procrastinating using the internet, and you have control of the router, most of them allow you to change 'access controls' - try disabling your internet connexion for a period of time. This really helped me to stop googling and getting sucked into online stuff when I should have been working. Of course, if you need the internet for the work you're doing, this is going to be more difficult, but simply download or open tabs with the content you need and then disable the internet.
Original post by Federerr
My mums chappals.

Lmfao, that made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
deadlines.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest