What are your natural beauty tips?

Watch
titfortat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What do you all use in order to skin you skin healthy? Do you guys have any recommendations on which beuty products to use or have an natural remedies for getting rid of spots, eczema etc.?

What do I do? : I've recently started to use rosewater which is doing a fab job! I don't wear make up regularly but I do have very oily skin. I drink lots of water and have recently also started making smoothies so that I can remain healthy in general. I try and keep my skin moisturied with face cream everyday and use wipes to remove make-up whenever I wear it. Wash my face with warm water and apply facemasks/ scrubs at least twice a week.

iEthan not sure if I posted this in the right place? Thanks
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find Aveeno cream is amazing for keeping my skin healthy. It's really great for eczema and other skin issues I find
MariamsRevision
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find that rose water has really helped with my skin (I use it as both a toner and a spray). It literally gets rid of marks, spots, scars, blemishes, uneven skintone and reduces under eye circles. I try to use it in the morning and night as part of my skincare routine
titfortat
Rep:
?
(Original post by MariamsRevision)
I find that rose water has really helped with my skin (I use it as both a toner and a spray). It literally gets rid of marks, spots, scars, blemishes, uneven skintone and reduces under eye circles. I try to use it in the morning and night as part of my skincare routine
Ooo I've never tried that, thanks! I shall try it tonight
MariamsRevision
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by titfortat)
Ooo I've never tried that, thanks! I shall try it tonight
Aw, I hope it works out well for you x keep me updated
MariamsRevision
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I find Aveeno cream is amazing for keeping my skin healthy. It's really great for eczema and other skin issues I find
I use Aveeno too but sadly not on a regular basis anymore as I used to, I really need to try to input it into my regime again!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I use Aveeno too but sadly not on a regular basis anymore as I used to, I really need to try to input it into my regime again!
Same here. My skin used to be nice with it. Definitely need to stock up again!
titfortat
Rep:
?
MariamsRevision do you keep the rose water on or do you wash it off after a while? Thanks!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
Drink lots of water.
Work out
MariamsRevision
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
MariamsRevision do you keep the rose water on or do you wash it off after a while? Thanks!
Once I've washed my face, I pour a bit onto a cotton pad and gently swipe it around my face. This acts as a natural toner without the other useless ingredients that some toners have.

I then proceed to apply my daily Moisturiser which is either Simple or Aveeno and then I spray the rose water on top quite liberally and allow it to dry.

I also sometimes use it to spray onto my makeup brushes or sponge before using them instead of water which adds to the dewyness of my overall skin and reduces cakeyness. It's also great as a setting spray and makeup remover! I basically use rose water for everything lol 😂
titfortat
Rep:
?
Once I've washed my face, I pour a bit onto a cotton pad and gently swipe it around my face. This acts as a natural toner without the other useless ingredients that some toners have.

I then proceed to apply my daily Moisturiser which is either Simple or Aveeno and then I spray the rose water on top quite liberally and allow it to dry.

I also sometimes use it to spray onto my makeup brushes or sponge before using them instead of water which adds to the dewyness of my overall skin and reduces cakeyness. It's also great as a setting spray and makeup remover! I basically use rose water for everything lol 😂
Awesome tysm!
MariamsRevision
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Awesome tysm!
Your welcome!
Lolly75
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't suffer from spots but honey has antibacterial qualities therefore good for spots etc. Mix some with natural yoghurt for a gentle face mask.

I like tea tree oil but it can sting and dry out skin depending on where you apply it so dilute it with some cream or carrier oil or use a cotton bud on localised spots.

I used to use sugar mixed with honey and rose oil as an exfoliant.

Rose water and orange flower water are great toners and gentle on sensitive skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
undercxver
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
Remove makeup before bed, even if I'm too tired I really push myself. I put coconut on my under eyes and lashes almost every night, it gets rid of fine lines on the face and makes my lashes grow thicker and fuller. Spray rose water on my face every other week or so. When I wash my face I use warm water then cold.
drowzee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I use Clinique face wash, toner/exfoliator and cream twice a day. It's really helped, but I would recommend Clarins over Clinique any day. It's not as harsh on the face, so I'm going to go back to that. Definitely recommend both! Just see what works for you
hezzlington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wear a choker and contour EVERYTHING
RobML
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hezzlington)
Wear a choker and contour EVERYTHING
daddyyyy :3
FreedomTower
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember watching some Channel 4 documentary featuring Mary Portas, and something was mentioned during the show about the upwards trend in people using Korean facial beauty products, but I can't quite remember the name of the product mentioned. :no:
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Always always always remove make up before bed
titfortat
Rep:
?
The rose water is great! I use it if not twice then once a day and defo reduces puffiness under the eyes and I have fewer marks/ small spots on my farehead where I get them a lot. Tysm!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (57)
65.52%
I don't have everything I need (30)
34.48%

Watched Threads