Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got my Accommodation Offer And im in Bowder Court just thought id make a topic to see if anyone else here is going to be there and maybe meet my flat mates early :p: So if ya in Bowder leave ya details.

Im in:-
    Block: CC
    Floor: 0
    Room: 4
    So any of my flat mates here ?

ReputationRep:
    I got into Bowder court but i dont think i wanna stay there, im gonna try and change it , whats the next best thing after new hall? Im a non smoker and i didnt want to be in a smoking allowed hall! Does anyone on here know much about Bowder court as a living place? Ive never actually been to see it so if anyone can give any info on it, that would be brilliant.....

ReputationRep:
    I got in to Bowder Court too! I'm Block EE, Floor 1, Room 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowledge seeking.)
    I got into Bowder court but i dont think i wanna stay there, im gonna try and change it , whats the next best thing after new hall? Im a non smoker and i didnt want to be in a smoking allowed hall! Does anyone on here know much about Bowder court as a living place? Ive never actually been to see it so if anyone can give any info on it, that would be brilliant.....
    You cant change it I dont think. It says in the accommodation booklet there will be noway of changing your room during september as all of the rooms will have been allocated and therefore they are full. If you decline your accommodation you will be charged £100. So just stick it out and if after a few weeks/months you still dont like it ask to transfere then when there may be vacant rooms due to people dropping out.
    Bowder court from what I know isnt bad accommodation, but I can understand why as a non smoker you wouldnt want to stay in a smoking hall.

ReputationRep:
    well ive looked into it and i think ill just leave it then and not accept it, I quite like UNITE which seems to have a better location, better room size and cheaper! Im sure it wont be a huge obstacle in making friends............

ReputationRep:
    BlockH
    Floor:0
    Room:5

ReputationRep:
    Block: II
    Floor: 1
    Room: 9

im not that keen to be in a smoking hall either but its the best place after new hall for ensuite self catered rooms! (or so i've heard). so strong air fresheners in the room for me

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is the best place after new hall, its not new and shiney but its nice and clean!

ReputationRep:
    Its not that different from new hall though.

About not smoking i know loads of people that dont smoke but lived in bowder court and it wasn't problem. more often then not the smokers would hang out the windows or go outside or smoke in their rooms- not often in the communal areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowledge seeking.)
    don't worry about the smoking thing, i was worried too cos i asked for non smoking and got put in bowder but i phoned up and they said only part of it is smoking. i'm in block DD and that's non smoking, it's really unlikely they'll put a non smoker in a smoking block

ReputationRep:
    Bowder is nice, I wouldn't worry about going in there.

ReputationRep:
    Knowledge seeking...did you decline your room in Bowder court? What room is it, a single self-catered? Shared bathroom or en-suite. I'm desperate for a single room, they've given me shared and say that there's no more single rooms left.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is really unhappy with their rooms when they get them, I know there were spare rooms in my block in Beaumont in the first year, I also know a guy who moved from Stamford blocks into Bowder court, so it is possible to move around.

ReputationRep:
    Self-catered
    Block: EE
    Floor: 0
    Room: 5

Are the John Foster halls that much better than the Gilbert Murray Stamford halls?

ReputationRep:
    John Foster pavillions, yes they are better but only because they are new and swanky.

John Foster the coppice, houses etc nah they arent better. Bowders better than them.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.